Poppies Daycare Nursery in Perham Down
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Dorset and Wiltshire|
Perham Down is a village in Wiltshire, England, in Tidworth parish on the eastern edge of Salisbury Plain. It lies on a minor road about 1+1⁄2 miles (2.4 km) east of the town of Tidworth and 1+1⁄4 miles (2.0 km) southwest of Ludgershall village. The county border with Hampshire is nearby and the nearest large town is Andover, Hampshire, about 7 miles (11 km) to the southeast.
On Lamb Down to the south of the village is a linear earthwork, possibly a prehistoric boundary marker; it may have extended further north but that section would have been destroyed when the barracks were built.
For elections to Wiltshire Council, Perham Down falls within Ludgershall and Perham Down electoral division, electing one councillor. Boundary changes in 2020, effective from the 2021 election, place Perham within the Tidworth East & Ludgershall South division.
- "Tidworth". Wiltshire Community History. Wiltshire Council. Retrieved 22 May 2020.
- "Barracks". Tidworth Town Council. Retrieved 22 May 2020.
- Baggs, A.P.; Freeman, Jane; Stevenson, Janet H (1995). Crowley, D.A. (ed.). "Victoria County History: Wiltshire: Vol 15 pp153-163 – Parishes: North Tidworth". British History Online. University of London. Retrieved 22 May 2020.
- Historic England. "Boundary earthwork on Lamb Down (1009833)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 22 May 2020.
- "Election Maps". Ordnance Survey. Retrieved 22 May 2020.
- "Parish warding arrangements for Tidworth" (PDF). Local Government Boundary Commission for England. September 2019.
- "The Wiltshire (Electoral Changes) Order 2020". legislation.gov.uk. 17 March 2020. Retrieved 22 May 2020.
Media related to Perham Down at Wikimedia Commons