||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Peri J. Bearman (born 1953) is an academic scholar of Islamic law. She is Associate Director of the Islamic Legal Studies Program at Harvard Law School. She is also currently the Islam section editor for the Journal of the American Oriental Society (JAOS).
Peri Bearman took degrees in Arabic and Islamic Studies from the University of Leiden. She worked for Brill Publishers as the senior editor for the Middle East, and was a member of the editorial board of the second edition of the Encyclopaedia of Islam.
- (ed. with Th. Bianquis, C. E. Bosworth, E. van Donzel, W. P. Heinrichs et al.) Encyclopædia of Islam, 2nd Edition., 12 vols. with indexes, etc., Leiden: E. J. Brill, 1960–2005
- (ed.) The Encyclopaedia of Islam, new edition. Index of subjects, Leiden ; New York : E.J. Brill ; Paris : Maisonneuve & Larose, 1993-.
- (ed. with Rudolph Peters and Frank E. Vogel) The Islamic school of law: evolution, devolution, and progress, Cambridge, Mass. : Islamic Legal Studies Program, Harvard Law School : Distributed by Harvard University Press, 2005. Harvard series in Islamic law, 2.
- (ed. with Wolfhart Heinrichs and Bernard G. Weiss) The law applied: contextualizing the Islamic Shari'a: a volume in honor of Frank E. Vogel, London; New York: I.B. Tauris, 2008.
- Faculty - Speaker Biographies, 31 Int'l J. Legal Info. 327 (2003)
|This article about an Islamic scholar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|