Shutter of Peringalkuthu Dam
|Official name||Peringalkuthu Dam|
|Location||Chalakudy, Thrissur, Kerala|
|Opening date||15 May 1957|
|Operator(s)||Kerala State Electricity Board|
|Dam and spillways|
Peringalkuthu Dam is a concrete dam built across the Chalakkudi River in Thrissur district, Kerala state of India. It also contains Peringalkuthu Hydro Electric Power Project of Kerala State Electricity Board who owns the dam. This is the first hydro electric power project to build on the Chalakkudi River. The dam is situated in deep forest and special permission is needed to visit the dam.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peringalkuthu Dam.|
- "Fact File on Major Dams owned by Kerala State Electricity Board". Expert Eyes. Retrieved 2013-06-27.
- "Rains fail to fill dams". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "Dam shutters likely to be opened". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "Heavy rain triggers floods". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "Kerala fails to get its full share of PAP waters". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-07-26.
- "Residents picking up the pieces as sea erosion subsides". The Hindu. Retrieved 2013-07-26.