From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up period or periodic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Period may refer to:
- Era, a length or span of time
- Full stop (or period), a punctuation mark
- Menstruation, also called a "period"
Science and mathematics
- Period (physics), the duration of time of one cycle in a repeating event
- Orbital period, the time needed for one object to complete an orbit around another
- Period (periodic table), a horizontal row of the periodic table
- Period (gene), a gene in Drosophila involved in regulating circadian rhythm
- Period (geology), a subdivision of geologic time
- Periods (ring), members of the ring of numbers that can be expressed as integrals of algebraic differential forms over algebraically defined domains
- Period (music), a concept in musical composition
- Period, the final book in Dennis Cooper's George Miles cycle of novels
- Period (school), a class meeting time in schools
- Periods in ice hockey; see Ice hockey#Periods and overtime
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Period.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.