Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up period or periodic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Period may refer to:
Arts, entertainment, and media
- Period (Another American Lie), a 1987 album by B.A.L.L.
- Period (mixtape), a 2018 mixtape by City Girls
- Period (music), a concept in musical composition
- Period, the final book in Dennis Cooper's George Miles cycle of novels
- Period, a descriptor for historical period drama
- Period, a timeframe in which a particular style of antique furniture or some other work of art was produced, such as the "Edwardian period"
- Period of a function, length or duration after which a function repeats itself
- Ring of periods, numbers that can be expressed as integrals of algebraic differential forms over algebraically defined domains, forming a ring
- Period (gene), a gene in Drosophila involved in regulating circadian rhythm
- Period (periodic table), a horizontal row of the periodic table
- "Period-" or "per-iod-", in some chemical compounds, "per" refers to oxidation state, and "iod" refers to the compound containing iodine
- Menstruation, also called a "period"
- Unit of time or timeframe
- Wavelength, the spatial period of a periodic wave
- Sentence (linguistics), especially when discussing complex sentences in Latin syntax
- Period (school), a class meeting time in schools
- Period, a professional ice hockey game comprises three periods of 20 minutes, with the clock running only when the puck is in play (similar uses occur in some other sports)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Period.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.