Periodismo para todos
|Periodismo para todos|
|Also known as||PPT (acronym)
Journalism for everybody (English)
|Directed by||Luis Barros|
|Presented by||Jorge Lanata|
|Opening theme||"Fuck You"|
|Composer(s)||Lily Allen, Greg Kurstin (open theme)|
|Country of origin||Argentina|
|No. of seasons||4|
|Executive producer(s)||Tamara Florin
|Running time||120 minutes|
|Original network||El Trece (The 13)|
|Original release||April 15, 2012– November 29, 2015|
Periodismo para todos (Spanish: Journalism for everybody) was an Argentine investigative journalism television program. It was hosted by the journalist Jorge Lanata, and aired on Sunday nights in El Trece. It was highly critical of the presidency of Cristina Fernández de Kirchner. In 2013, it won several Martín Fierro Awards including best news TV program and best journalistic work for Jorge Lanata. It has been censored in several provinces of Argentina with governors aligned with the president: Tucumán, Formosa Mendoza and Río Negro.
The TV program opens with a humorous stand-up comedy, where Lanata comments on the political events of the week with jokes. These stand-ups are included as an homage to the late Tato Bores, who made similar monologues in his TV programs, which were also aired on Sunday nights. The stand-ups feature a parody of the president Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, made by the humorist Fátima Florez. The high success of the parody made by Florez was pointed by the magazine Noticias, which placed her on the main page.
The theme song is "Fuck You", by Lily Allen. It was chosen to redress it after it was used in a telenovela of the state-owned TV Pública, in a poor Spanish translation. The opening features photos of the audience making the "fuck you" symbol, which soon became the icon of the program.
Most investigations made by "Periodismo para todos" generated political controversy. The first airing, on April 15, 2012, made an extensive investigation of the Boudougate, the scandal about the vice president Amado Boudou. Lanata made an interview with Carlos Raúl Schneider, who is registered as the head of "Tierras International Investments CV" a firm associated to "The Old Fund", led by Alejandro Vandenbroele, which invested million in Ciccone Calcográfica. Schneider is actually a poor pensioner, who was not even aware of the business involving him, who signed papers without reading them and became a victim of identity theft.
Lanata made a report of the social and political conditions of the Tucumán Province, ruled by José Alperovich. He detailed the poor social conditions of the people and the wealth of the Alperovich family, which controls the three powers and all political institutions in Tucumán. As the program is censored in Tucumán, Lanata sought to present it live with public of the province. Alperovich did not allow that either, so the program was presented live from a house of social welfare.
for the alleged Kirchner corruption money laundering trail investigation see: The Route of the K-Money
Periodismo para todos was censored in several provinces with governors aligned with the president. It is censored in Tucumán, and not available in public broadcasting (El Trece is a public channel). The program that criticized governor Alperovich was followed by demonstrations against the censorship, during a speech of the ministry of education.
The program is not available either for public broadcasting in the Formosa Province. Lanata denounced political corruption, abuses against the indigenous peoples and electoral fraud in the government of Gildo Insfrán; the website of El Trece was hacked during the airing of the program.
El Trece has a repeater channel in Río Negro, which shows all the programs of the network, with the sole exception of Periodismo para todos. The governor Alberto Weretilneck proposed Lanata to hold a public debate about the censorship, but Lanata refused. "Censorship is not debated, it is denounced. Show the program first, and then I will debate whatever you want", he said the following week.
The program has also been censored in Mendoza. It has been also reported that TV signal uses to drop down just by the time "Periodismo Para Todos" is on air. Interruptions, interference an other technical issues during the program are often experienced in some cities in the Province of Córdoba on Sundays nights when "periodismo Para Todos" is broadcasting live.
- 2012 Martín Fierro Awards
- 2013 Tato Awards
- 2013 Fund TV Awards 
- Current politics Journalism Program (Programa Periodístico de Actualidad política)
- Extraordinary Award (selected among the winners by the jury )
- 2013 Martín Fierro Awards
- Best journalism program
- 2014 Fund TV Awards
- Opinion Journalism Program (Programa Periodístico de Opinión)
- 2014 New York Festivals - World's Best TV and Films Awards
- Silver World Medal, competition "Television - News: Reports/Features" category "Investigative Report" 
- 2013 Martín Fierro Awards
- 2014 42ND INTERNATIONAL EMMY AWARDS 
- CURRENT AFFAIRS (Journalism for All - The Route of the K-Money)
- Lanata denunció censura y espionaje en Tucumán (Spanish)
- Lanata denunció corrupción en Formosa y censura contra su programa(Spanish)
- Lanata asegura que anoche hackearon la página del Trece durante su programa (Spanish)
- Censura en Río Negro: Lanata y una réplica desafiante en PPT (Spanish)
- Plagios, homenajes e "inspiraciones" de la TV argentina (Spanish)
- Cristina, cada vez más parecida a su imitadora (Spanish)
- El “¡Fuck You!” de Lanata (Spanish)
- Lanata regresó a la televisión con fuertes críticas a Boudou (Spanish)
- Jubilado, sin plata y "controla" Ciccone (Spanish)
- Lanata en Tucumán: cómo se vive en la provincia del “Zar” Alperovich (Spanish)
- Alumnas reclaman contra la censura en Tucumán (Spanish)
- Todos los ganadores (Spanish)
- "Todos los ganadores de los premios Tato 2013" [All the winners of the Tato awards 2013] (in Spanish). La Nación. December 3, 2013. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- "Tele: todos los ganadores de los Martín Fierro 2014" [TV: all the winners of the Martín Fierro 2014] (in Spanish). La Nación. May 19, 2014. Retrieved May 28, 2014.
- "Todos los nominados a los Martín Fierro 2014" [All the nominations for the 2014 Martín Fierro] (in Spanish). La Nación. April 15, 201. Retrieved April 14, 2014. Check date values in:
- "Periodismo Para Todos, nominado en los Emmy" [Journalism for All, nominated for Emmy Award] (in Spanish). Clarin. August 14, 2014. Retrieved November 30, 2014.