From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the color. For other uses, see Periwinkle.
|sRGBB (r, g, b)||(204, 204, 255)|
|CMYKH (c, m, y, k)||(20, 20, 0, 0)|
|HSV (h, s, v)||(240°, 20%, 100%)|
|Source||Maerz and Paul|
|B: Normalized to [0–255] (byte)
H: Normalized to [0–100] (hundred)
In popular culture
- Periwinkle blue is the color for esophageal and stomach cancer awareness ribbons, and for anorexia nervosa and bulimia. It is also the color for pulmonary hypertension awareness ribbons.
- The "downvote" of the popular website Reddit is identified as periwinkle, and one of the two "teams" of the site's April Fools event in 2013 was named for the color.
- Periwinkle was added to the Crayola palette in 1958.
- Periwinkle is the name of Tinker Bell's sister in the film Tinker Bell and the Secret of the Wings.
- In the film Snatch, Brad Pitt, talking about his mother, says: "Right. And she's terrible partial to the periwinkle blue, boys. Have I made myself clear, boys?"
- In the book version of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Hermione wears a periwinkle blue dress to the Yule Ball.
- web.forret.com Color Conversion Tool set to hex code of color #CCCCFF (Periwinkle):
- The color displayed in the color box above matches the color called periwinkle in the 1930 book by Maerz and Paul A Dictionary of Color New York: 1930 McGraw-Hill; the color periwinkle is displayed on page 109, Plate 43, Color Sample B8.
- Maerz and Paul (1930). A Dictionary of Color. New York: McGraw-Hill. Page 196: Lavender blue shown as one of the three major variations of lavender under heading lavender; page 190: lavender blue is listed as blue-lavender, first use of the color term is identified as 1926, and the color is identified with periwinkle.
- Simpson, J. A., and E. S. C. Weiner (1989). Oxford English Dictionary, second edition. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- "Awareness Ribbon Pins and Cancer Ribbon Pins". Personalized Cause. Retrieved April 16, 2012.
- "reddit: the alien". Reddit. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
|This color-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|