|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Elevation||784 ft (239 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1621214|
Perkins is an unincorporated community in Delta County, Michigan, United States. Perkins is located in Baldwin Township along M-35, 9 miles (14 km) north-northwest of Gladstone. Perkins has a post office with ZIP code 49872.
Perkins was founded around 1872 by the Cascade Company, which made charcoal kilns and cut lumber in the community. It was originally located on the Whitefish Branch of the Chicago and North Western Railway. A post office opened in Perkins on May 7, 1894; John Fuhriman was the first postmaster. The community was named for Josiah Perkins, an early settler.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Perkins, Michigan
- Delta County (pdf) (Map). Michigan Department of Technology, Management and Budget. 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-25.
- ZIP Code Lookup, United States Post Office
- Romig, Walter (1986) . Michigan Place Names. Detroit, Michigan: Wayne State University Press. ISBN 0-8143-1838-X.
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company (1908). A History of the Origin of the Place Names Connected with the Chicago & North Western and Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railways. p. 113.
|This Delta County, Michigan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|