This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Perl Foundation (TPF) is dedicated to the advancement of the Perl programming language through open discussion, collaboration, design, and code. The Perl Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization based in Holland, Michigan.
Projects and activities
The Perl Foundation supports the use and development of Perl in many ways:
- Supporting international YAPCs
- Awarding grants for Perl projects
- Network infrastructure operations, which support community websites such as PerlMonks.org, Perl Mongers, and perl.org
- Holding copyrights for Perl 6
- Annually Issuing the Perl White Camel award
The day-to-day business of TPF is run by several committees including the grants committee and conferences committee. These committees report to the TPF steering committee, which directs the operations of TPF. All of these groups are overseen by a board of directors. All TPF members, including the board of directors, are volunteers.