|Headquarters||Nashville, TN, United States|
|Joseph E. Perle (CEO)
Derrick Barnett (CFO)
|Products||Serial to Ethernet, Fiber to Ethernet and Device Networking Equipment|
Perle Systems is a technology company that develops and manufactures serial to Ethernet, fiber to Ethernet, I/O connectivity and device networking equipment. These type of products are commonly used to establish network connectivity across multiple locations; securely transmit critical and sensitive information across a LAN; and remotely monitor and control networked devices via out-of-band management.
Perle has offices and representative offices in North America, Europe and Asia and sells its products through distribution and OEM/ODE channels worldwide.
On August 31, 2016, Phoenix Contact GmbH & Co. KG, Blomberg, Germany concluded a contract for the acquisition of Perle Systems Limited, Toronto. Thus, Perle Systems becomes an international subsidiary of the Phoenix Contact Group.
- Terminal Servers: Used to connect any device with serial ports over Ethernet for access to network server applications. Examples of devices with serial ports include Cisco console ports, POS terminals, servers, modems, card readers and a wide range of industrial equipment.
- Device Servers: Used to web or network enable existing equipment with RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 serial interfaces.
- Console Servers: Used to provide data center managers with secure remote management of Cisco routers, switches and firewalls, Solaris, Windows, Unix and Linux servers, PBXs or any device with a serial console port. Also referred to as out-of-band management of IT assets.
- Ethernet I/O Device Servers: Used for access and control of remote digital I/O, analog I/O, pulse I/O, relays and temperature sensors on any IP network. Monitor environmental alarms, intrusion detection, relay contact closures and equipment failure.
- Remote Power Switches: Used to remotely power on/off/cycle Data Center equipment.
- Serial Cards: Used to add RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 serial ports to PCs or servers via PCI, PCI-X or PCI Express bus slots.
- Parallel Cards: Used to add IEEE 1284 Parallel ports to PCs or servers via PCI, PCI-X or PCI Express bus slots.
- Multimodem Cards: Used to add V.92 56k modems to PCs or servers via PCI or PCI-X bus slots.
- Ethernet to Fiber Media Converters: Used to extend copper to fiber, multimode to multimode and multimode to single mode fiber
- Ethernet extenders: Used to transparently extend 10/100/1000 Ethernet connections across copper wiring
- Industrial Ethernet Network Switches
- Small form-factor pluggable transceivers and XFP transceivers
- 1976, Perle Systems is founded.
- 1977, Establishes manufacturing capabilities.
- 1983, Launches a new family of ATM Controllers.
- 1985, Stock goes public.
- 1987, Introduces standardized IBM Midrange and AS/400 products.
- 1998, Acquires Specialix. Specialix designed, developed, manufactured, and marketed a broad range of serial connectivity and remote access solutions that provided connectivity between PCs/servers and peripheral devices.
- 1999, Acquires Zeta Communication Limited for its IP routing technology.
- 2000, Acquires Chase Research. Chase Research designed, developed, manufactured, and marketed serial to Ethernet and remote access products.
- 2003, Stock goes private.
- 2004, Incorporates RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485 interfaces on a single PCI serial card and provide the ability to individually configure each interface type using software commands.
- 2005, Incorporates IPV6 support into IOLAN Terminal Servers.; Launches serial card line that supports the PCI Express bus standard.
- 2006, Launches IOLAN Terminal Server that connect remote serial devices that operate in extreme temperatures (-40F to +165F ) to an enterprise IP network.; Launches a line of I/O Device Servers with the ability to monitor environmental alarms, intrusion detection, relay contact closures and equipment failure over Ethernet.
- 2007, Launches Redundant Path Technology and Remote Power Switches.
- 2008, Releases a line of SPEED LE Parallel PCI Card; Launches Spanish and Italian websites; Launches the IOLAN SCS48C DC Console Server for remote management of telecommunications equipment.
- 2009, Launches IOLAN Terminal Server specifically designed for medical data collection applications and certified for IEC 60601-1; Launches Terminal Servers for Electrical Utility Substation Market that meet NERC CIP and EPCIP requirements]]; Launches Terminal Server Certified as Class 1 Div2; Launches Terminal Server with HTTP tunneling 
- 2010, Launches Ethernet to Fiber Media Converters; Launches NEBS Level 3 Compliant Console Servers; Achieves ISO 9001:2008 Certification.
- 2011, Extends Fiber Optic Cabling Support to 160 km; Launches FIPS 140-2 Validated IOLAN Terminal Servers.
- 2012, Launches Industrial Temperature Media Converters; Launches Ethernet Copper Extenders 
- 2013, Launches 10G Media Converters 
- 2014, Launches Industrial Ethernet Switches 
- 2015, Launches Wireless Serial Device Servers 
- "Acquisition of Perle Systems Limited, Canada". Phoenix Contact. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- Perle Systems, Linkedin, n.d., retrieved March 25, 2015
- PERLE ACQUIRES SPECIALIX INTERNATIONAL, Telecompaper, 4 February 1999, retrieved March 25, 2015
- IP Telephony News Wrap-up for Sep, 06 1999 -- Perle To Acquire Zeta's VoIP Technology, IP Telephony.org, 6 September 1999, retrieved March 25, 2015
- Perle acquires Linux specialist, V3.co.uk, 18 February 2000, retrieved March 25, 2015
- Perle Systems Unveils World's First Software-Configurable Multi-Interface Multi-Port Serial PCI Cards, BusinessWire, 9 September 2004, retrieved March 25, 2015
- "First to Deliver Extensive Encryption with IPV6 Support" (Press release). February 21, 2015.
- "The first complete line of PCI Express compatible Multi-port Serial Cards has been released by Perle Systems" (Press release). November 24, 2005.
- "Perle Systems Expands IOLAN SDS Line to Include Extreme Temperature Device Server" (Press release). July 19, 2006.
- Perle Systems Introduces New IOLAN I/O Device Servers, Process Engineering, 6 December 2006, retrieved March 25, 2015
- Perle Systems Launches a Comprehensive Suite of New Console Server Features and Integrated Hardware; Unique Console Server Features and a Line of Remote Power Switches Create an Integrated and Complete Data Center Management Solution, Highbeam Business, 6 March 2007, retrieved March 25, 2015
- "Perle Systems Announces New Parallel PCI Cards" (Press release). July 22, 2008.
- "Perle Systems Launches Spanish Language Website" (Press release). February 14, 2008.
- "Perle Systems Launches Italian Language Website" (Press release). September 11, 2008.
- The new 48v DC IOLAN SCS is ideal to remotely manage Telecommunications equipment, The IPv6 Portal, 31 October 2008, retrieved March 25, 2015
- IOLAN MDC Terminal Server Introduced By Perle Systems, PC District, n.d., retrieved March 25, 2015
- Perle Systems Releases More Rugged Terminal Servers for Electrical Utility Substation Market, Computers & Programming, 12 May 2009, retrieved March 25, 2015
- "Perle Systems Releases Hazardous Location Device Servers" (Press release). May 25, 2009.
- Terminal Server for Firewall-Safe Serial Connections, just 4 business GmbH, 9 November 2009, retrieved March 25, 2015
- Perle Systems introduces Ethernet to Fiber media converters, Automation.com, 10 March 2010, retrieved March 25, 2015
- "Perle IOLAN SDSC LDC Console Servers Awarded NEBS Certification" (Press release). April 9, 2010.
- Perle Achieves ISO 9001:2008 Certification, Farlex, 28 April 2010, retrieved March 25, 2015
- Ethernet to Fiber media converter from Perle extends data transmission distance to 160-km over fiber-optic cabling, Cabling Installation & Maintenance, 4 April 2011, retrieved March 25, 2015
- Perle Systems Announces FIPS 140-2 Validated IOLAN Terminal Servers, PRLog, 10 March 2011, retrieved March 25, 2015
- Perle Launches Industrial Temperature Media Converters., Farlex, 8 June 2012, retrieved March 25, 2015
- Ethernet Extenders transmit data up to 10,000 ft., Thomasnet.com, 21 February 2013, retrieved March 25, 2015
- Perle releases 10GBase-T Copper to Fiber Media Converters, Automation.com, 31 July 2013, retrieved March 25, 2015
- Perle IDS-105F Industrial Ethernet Switch obtains FCC Class B Certification, Cloud Computing Magazine, 5 May 2014, retrieved March 25, 2015
- Perle Systems Launches New Wireless Serial Device Servers for Secured Serial Data Transmission, CIO Review, 11 August 2015, retrieved October 13, 2015