|Industry||Computer data storage|
|Tom Cook, CEO and President
Jered Floyd, CTO and Founder
Louis Imershein, VP Product
Brett Hawkes, VP BizDev
The Permabit Albireo family of products are designed with data reduction features. The common component among these products is the Albireo index - a hash datastore. Three products in the Albireo family range from an embedded SDK (offering integration with existing storage) to a ready-to-deploy appliance.
- Albireo SDK – a software development kit designed to add data deduplication to hardware devices or software applications that benefit from sharing duplicate chunks.
- Albireo VDO – a drop-in data efficiency solution for Linux architectures. VDO provides fine-grained (4 KB chunk), inline deduplication, thin provisioning, compression and replication.
- Albireo SANblox - a ready-to-run data efficiency appliance that integrates data deduplication and data compression transparently into Fibre Channel SAN environments.
Permabit was founded as Permabit Inc. in 2000 by a technical and business team from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The company went through a management buyout in 2007 and a new business entity, Permabit Technology Corporation, was formed at that time.
Permabit’s first product, Permabit Enterprise Archive (originally known as Permeon) was a multi-PB scalable, content-addressable, scale-out storage product, first launched in 2004. Enterprise Archive utilized in-house developed technologies in the areas of capacity optimization, WORM, storage management and data protection.
In 2010, Permabit launched the Albireo family of products which focus on licensing Permabit data efficiency and management innovations to original equipment manufacturers, software vendors and online service providers. Publicly acknowledged companies that offer Albireo-based solutions include EMC, Hitachi Data Systems, IBM, NEC, and NetApp.
- "Deduplication Index Engine". Permabit Technology Corporation. Retrieved 1 May 2014.
- "Albireo SDK". Permabit Technology Corporation. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Albireo VDO". Permabit Technology Corporation. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Albireo SANblox". Permabit Technology Corporation. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Original Permabit Website". Permabit Incorporated. Archived from the original on March 30, 2001. Retrieved 3 March 2001.
- "Permabit Releases Permeon Compliance Vault Software". eWEEK. Retrieved 17 March 2004.
- "Permabit Announces Albireo High Performance Data Optimization Software". Permabit Technology Corporation. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- "Permabit OEM". Permabit Technology Corporation. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "Permabit Debuts Only Complete Data Reduction for the Linux Storage Stack". Permabit Technology Corporation. Retrieved 28 July 2016.