The Permaculture Association is a British education and research charity that promotes the theory and practice of permaculture in the UK and beyond. It was a partner in the Local Food consortium of the Big Lottery Fund's Changing Spaces programme. The Association will play host to the International Permaculture Convergence (IPC), London 2015.
The charity is based at offices in Leeds, England, but connects a diverse network of projects across the country, with over 1,400 members and over 100 demonstration LAND sites. There are national sub-networks in Scotland and Wales (Paramaethu Cymru).
According to its website, the Association offers its members a range of services including a quarterly newsletter, various discounts for events, books and services, opportunities to network, promotion and support of projects and a telephone helpline. It also certifies Permaculture Design Courses in the UK and runs a diploma programme
The Association organises a biennial national gathering of members, known as a "convergence".
The Association announced in September 2014 a new partnership with Cornwall-based Crowdfunder UK to support members and the charity in raising funds to develop activities.
The Association will host the 12th International Permaculture Conference and Convergence in September 2015 - over 900 people from around the world connecting and sharing their projects and experience.
- "Local Food :: Permaculture Association". localfoodgrants.org.
- "Funding". biglotteryfund.org.uk.
- "Home - IPCUK". ipcuk.events.
- "Permaculture Association". permaculture.org.uk.
- Charity Commission. Permaculture Association, registered charity no. 1116699.
- "Permaculture Association, Registered Charity no. SC041695". Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator.
- "Brighton Permaculture Trust - Brighton Permaculture Trust". brightonpermaculture.co.uk.
- "Permaculture Association UK Annual Convergence". TreeHugger.
- "Permaculture Institute of El Salvador (IPES)". permacultura.com.sv.