Permaisuri Siti Aishah
Raja Permaisuri Agong XI|
Tengku Permaisuri of Selangor
Dowager Permaisuri of Selangor
|Raja Permaisuri Agong|
|Tenure||26 April 1999 – 21 November 2001|
|Installation||23 September 1999|
|Tengku Permaisuri of Selangor|
|Tenure||28 October 1998 – 21 November 2001|
|Predecessor||Tengku Ampuan Rahimah|
|Successor||Tengku Permaisuri Norashikin|
18 November 1971|
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
|Spouse||Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah|
|Father||Dato Seri Haji Abdul Rahman bin Mohd Yatim|
|Mother||Datin Seri Shamshina binti Abdul Rahman|
Permaisuri Siti Aishah (née Siti Aishah binti Abdul Rahman; born 18 November 1971) was the consort of the 11th Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia, Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah. She is the youngest ever Raja Permaisuri Agong (Queen) of Malaysia, ascending the throne at the age of 28 on 26 April 1999. During her reign as Raja Permaisuri Agong, she was known as Tuanku Siti Aishah.
She grew up in Kuala Lumpur, received her early education at the Jalan Gurney Primary School and furthered her studies in banking at the Kelantan branch campus of the Universiti Teknologi MARA (Formerly known as Institut Teknologi Mara) in Kota Bharu, Kelantan.
Having married Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah ibni Almarhum Sultan Hisamuddin Alam Shah Al-Haj on 3 May 1990, she was made Che Puan Besar of Selangor. On 28 October 1998, she became Tengku Permaisuri of Selangor with style Duli Yang Maha Mulia Tengku Permaisuri Selangor, Tengku Permaisuri Siti Aishah.
The second commoner to become Raja Permaisuri Agong, she is believed to have remarried since the death of her husband the late king on 21 November 2001 - a claim which she has since denied.
Life after the death of Sultan Salahuddin
She came back into the public eye on New Year's Day 2006 for an exclusive interview by The Star Malaysia, where the newspaper had wrongly addressed by her former title, "Tuanku Siti Aishah". The Selangor Council of the Royal Court immediately responded that the widowed consort of the late Sultan of Selangor should instead be properly addressed as Yang Amat Mulia (roughly equivalent to Her Exalted Highness) Permaisuri Siti Aishah. The honorific title Yang Amat Mulia was in recognition of the Darjah Kerabat Yang Amat Dihormati (DK, The Most Honourable Royal Family Order of Selangor), which was conferred on her by her late husband.
In the interview, she talked about her life since the late king (whom she fondly referred to as Almarhum) died, how she coped with his death with her family's love and support, her nephews Abdul Aziz (whom the late king named after himself shortly before he died) and Abdul Azim as her solace, her role as the former queen of Malaysia, her relationship with the late king, and her hope to find love and remarry again, with her parents' blessings.
Permaisuri Siti Aishah was also the patron of the UiTM Alumni, Selangor Women’s Association, Selangor Girl Guides, Jantung Hatiku Society and Girl Guides Association of Malaysia.
Title and Styles
- 18 November 1971- 2 May 1990 : Cik Siti Aishah binti Abdul Rahman
- 3 May 1990 - 27 November 1998 : Her Highness (Yang Teramat Mulia) Siti Aishah binti Abdul Rahman, The Che Puan Besar of Selangor
- 28 November 1998 - 25 April 1999 : Her Royal Highness (Kebawah Duli Yang Maha Mulia) Tuanku Siti Aishah binti Abdul Rahman, The Tengku Permaisuri of Selangor
- 26 April 1999 - 21 November 2001 : Her Majesty (Kebawah Duli Yang Maha Mulia Seri Paduka Baginda) Tuanku Siti Aishah binti Abdul Rahman, The Raja Permaisuri Agong XI
- 22 November 2001 - current : Her Highness (Yang Amat Mulia) Permaisuri Siti Aishah binti Abdul Rahman, The Former Tengku Permaisuri of Selangor
She was awarded:
Honours of Malaysia
- Malaysia :
- Selangor :
- Sarawak : Knight Commander Of The Sarawak Star Of The Hornbill (20.6.1994)
- "Kisah Mawar Merah Ke 40 Tahun Permaisuri Siti Aishah". Archived from the original on 2013-10-24.
- "Kehidupan baru Yang Amat Mulia Permaisuri Siti Aishah". mStar Online. 6 January 2006. Retrieved 24 April 2011.
- The Royal Ark
- "Senarai Penuh Penerima Darjah Kebesaran, Bintang dan Pingat Persekutuan Tahun 2001" (PDF).
- Permaisuri Siti Aishah wearing
- Royal Family Order of Selangor
- Tuanku Siti Aishah was conferred Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Chula Chom Klao 
(Tunku Ampuan of Negeri Sembilan)
| Raja Permaisuri Agong
(Queen of Malaysia)
(Raja Perempuan of Perlis)