This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Perodua Alza (M500)|
Perodua Alza (M502G)
|Also called||Daihatsu Boon Luminas|
|Assembly||Malaysia: Serendah (PMSB)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door wagon|
|Related||Perodua Myvi (M300)|
Daihatsu Boon (M300)
|Engine||1.5 L 3SZ-VE I4 (petrol)|
|Wheelbase||2,750 mm (108.3 in)|
|Length||4,205 mm (165.6 in)|
|Width||1,695 mm (66.7 in)|
|Height||1,620 mm (63.8 in)|
|Curb weight||1,120–1,168 kg (2,469–2,575 lb)|
Perodua launched the Alza in two variants, 1.5 Standard (EZ and SX) and Premium (EZi and SXi), both available with either manual or automatic transmission in November 2009.
The Perodua Alza launched in the same year as the Proton Exora, a larger C-segment MPV. The Alza became the best-selling MPV in Malaysia for 2010 by total sales of nearly 42,000 units, beating the Proton Exora by a margin of 15,000 units. The average number of Alza sales per month is around 2,800 units.
In March 2010, the range-topping Advanced model (ZHV) joined the range. Booking opened the same time as the regular 1.5 Standard and Premium variant, but only started delivery in March 2010. The Advance variant added a bodykit consisting of front, rear and side skirts and a rear spoiler, leather seat covers for all the seats, a 5-inch touchscreen LCD and a 150-degree reverse camera.
In March 2011, Perodua launched a limited edition of the Perodua Alza, the M2 Edition. It's based on the Advance model and featured custom leather seat covers, custom carpet mats, “M2” grade mark and a special color called “Midnight Blue”. It was priced at the same price of the Perodua Alza Advance.
In February 2012, Perodua launched an even more base model called SR (BX and BZ), priced lower than the Standard variant. UV protection is only available on the front and main windscreen and there is no rear wiper and no rear spoiler. In terms of safety, there are no fog lamps, airbags, ABS, EBD, or BA.
In July 2012, Perodua launched an updated Perodua Alza Advanced variant. While prices remained the same as the previous Advance variant, the main change was the 6" infotainment system which includes GPS navigation, reverse camera and supports mini USB, SD cards, DVD, bluetooth and MP3/WM.
In March 2013, Perodua launched the Alza S alongside the Perodua Viva S and Perodua Myvi 1.3 SE. The Alza S replaced the Standard variant. The 'S' stands for special. In addition to the kit previously offered on the Perodua Alza Standard variant, it added front fog lamps, leather wrapped steering wheel, rear spoiler, chrome door handles (inside) and painted door arm rests.
In January 2014, Perodua launched the facelifted Alza in three variants; the Standard (MT & AT), SE (Special Edition, MT & AT) and Advanced Version (AT only). The Alza received several cosmetic changes, including a revised front grille, front bumper, rear bumper and new alloy wheels, while the Advanced variant received a multimedia system with navigation and reverse camera. The engine and transmission pairing remained unchanged. It was available in five colors: Ivory White, Ebony Black, Glittering Silver, Mystical Purple and Passion Red.
On the 19 September 2015, alongside the Perodua Myvi XS, Perodua launched the Perodua Alza S. The Perodua Alza S replaces the Standard variant. It adds the SE-style bodykit, clear tail lamps and front fog lamps. The interior features a leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio switches, an audio system with USB and Bluetooth connectivity and meter panel with white illumination. The Perodua Alza S gets an exclusive Metallic Electric Blue paint option. Prices remained unchanged from the Perodua Alza Standard variant despite the added features.
On the 5th of September 2018, a second facelift was launched. Three variants retained: Standard (MT & AT), SE (AT only) and Advance (AT only). However, the cosmetic upgrades were reserved for only the SE and Advance variant. The cosmetic upgrades include a redesigned front bumper with a larger lower intake, a redesigned front grille with two bars, new side skirts, a new rear bumper and a redesigned tailgate garnish. The Standard variant gained ABS as standard. Across the range, this second facelift introduced a redesigned instrument panel graphics, a new-look centre cluster, a two-motion remote control key, fixed fins between the front centre air vents, an improved evaporator and improved heat-exchange piping. The SE and Advance variants features redesigned leather seats and new front corner sensors. The Advance variant got a new Android-based touch-screen head unit with Smart Link, Bluetooth, navigation and reverse camera functions while the Standard and SE variants got a new head unit with USB and Bluetooth functionality. 
Since 2009, Perodua has sold 350,000 Alza's.
The Perodua Alza achieved a 4-star ASEAN NCAP rating.
|Safety features [N 1]|
|Variant||Pre-Facelift||1st Facelift||2nd Facelift|
|Standard||Premium||Advanced||M2||SR||Advanced (updated)||Alza S||Standard||Special Edition||Advance||S||S||SE||AV|
|ABS + EBD + BA||✘||✔||✔||✔||✘||✔||✘||✘||✔||✔||✘||✔|
|Valve mechanism||DOHC, 16V (4 valves per cylinder) with DVVT|
|Total displacement||1495 cc|
|Bore and stroke||72.0 mm × 91.8 mm (2.83 in × 3.61 in)|
|Max. power output||76 kW (104 PS) @ 6000 rpm|
|Max. torque||136 Nm (13.9 kg.m) @ 4400rpm|
|Fuel tank capacity||42 liters|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Overall length × width × height (mm)||4205 × 1695 × 1620|
|Interior length × width × height (mm)||2540 × 1415 × 1310|
|Kerb weight (kg)||1120/1130||1140/1150|
After its initial release, the Alza received many negative comments from owners about its build quality and workmanship. The complaints posted included: brake pads releasing too much brake dust when used; faulty disc brakes; poor sound insulation at speeds over 70 km/h; petrol fumes detected after filling at the station; inadequate roof insulation, especially on rainy days; broken door levers; unusual sounds coming from the air-conditioning system; unusual heat build-up at the rear right seat, steering rack vibration and noises on uneven roads; and water coming in through the front headlamps. Uneven paint causes the exterior to scratched and chipped easily. Uneven rustproofing has also been reported.
Up until early 2012, Perodua had not issued any recalls of the Alza. In May 2012, Perodua issued a recall order for both the Alza and its first-generation pre-facelifted hatchback MyVi for an extension of an air-conditioning pipe that previously could cause rust on the steering rack.
On October 2014, viral photos showing the rear axle of the new Alza dismantled started to appear and in response, Perodua said that it was due to an accident and neither faulty parts nor other quality issues were to be blamed. They threatened to take legal action against those who spread the photos.
Since 2016, GHK Motors Sdn Bhd sells the first facelifted Alza in 1.5 SE trim only with the optional of 4-speed automatic or 5-speed manual transmissions.
The Alza's 1.5 SE as the second facelift was launched since 3 May 2019.
Blue : Standard across all trim levels.
Green : Available on selected trim level(s) only, full package.
Yellow : Available on selected trim level(s) only, but is not the full package.
Red : Not available on selected trim level(s), or is the no-frills package.
- "Pemenang Nama Alza". Berita Semasa.
- "Perodua Alza finally launched: a car or an MPV?". Paul Tan's Automotive News. 2009-11-23. Retrieved 2017-07-22.
- Tan, Paul. "Perodua achieves record sales in 2010". Paultan.org.
- Motortrader.com.my. "Top 50 models in Malaysia in 2010". motortrader.com.my. Archived from the original on 2011-08-10. Retrieved 2011-07-09.
- "Perodua Alza Advanced Version - extra equipment". Paul Tan's Automotive News. 2009-11-24. Retrieved 2017-07-21.
- Kon (2011-03-11). "Perodua to release Alza M2 Edition - Autoworld.com.my". Autoworld.com.my. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "New Perodua Alza SR - entry level variant from RM53k". Paul Tan's Automotive News. 2012-02-02. Retrieved 2017-07-21.
- Kon (2012-02-02). "Perodua Alza now available in more affordable SR version - Autoworld.com.my". Autoworld.com.my. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "Perodua introduces Alza SR - News & Events | Perodua". 2012-06-14. Archived from the original on 2012-06-14. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "Perodua introduces the new Alza Advanced Version". Paul Tan's Automotive News. 2012-07-18. Retrieved 2017-07-21.
- Kon (2012-07-18). "Perodua updates Alza Advanced Version - Autoworld.com.my". Autoworld.com.my. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "Perodua launches S-Series Viva S, Myvi SE and Alza S". Paul Tan's Automotive News. 2013-03-13. Retrieved 2017-07-21.
- Kon (2013-03-15). "Perodua S-Series models mark company's 20th anniversary - Autoworld.com.my". Autoworld.com.my. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "Perodua introduces the "S-Series" - News & Events | Perodua". 2014-02-21. Archived from the original on 2014-02-21. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "Perodua Alza facelift officially revealed, from RM52,400". Paul Tan's Automotive News. 2014-01-10. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- Kon (2014-01-14). "2014 Perodua Alza launched with updated specs at lower prices - Autoworld.com.my". Autoworld.com.my. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "Perodua introduces New Alza with better offerings, extends 3 years free service - News & Events | Perodua". 2014-05-08. Archived from the original on 2014-05-08. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "Perodua launches Alza S, Myvi Premium XS 1.3 today". Paul Tan's Automotive News. Retrieved 2015-10-26.
- Kon (2015-09-20). "Perodua launches new Myvi and Alza variants - Autoworld.com.my". Autoworld.com.my. Retrieved 2018-04-05.
- "The latest Perodua Alza – Malaysia's most popular seven-seater MPV now with new looks, more equipment and better value". www.perodua.com.my. Retrieved 2018-09-05.
- "aseancap » Perodua Alza". www.aseancap.org. Retrieved 2017-07-21.
- "Perodua Alza Brochure" (PDF).
- Perodua, My. "Perodua quality issues". www.myperodua.com.
- O Sophy, Wheel. "Perodua quality issues again". wheel-o-sophy.com. Archived from the original on 2010-04-01.
- "Perodua Begins Export of Myvi and Alza to Brunei". www.perodua.com.my. Retrieved 2018-05-12.