Long Island City, NY
|Players||2 or more|
|Age range||7 and up|
word creation from random letters
|includes: shaker cup, 10 black dice, 3 red dice, timer, instructions|
Perquackey is a word game produced by Cardinal Industries, Inc. of Long Island City, New York. It was previously produced by Lakeside Toys, a division of Lakeside Industries, Inc. of Minneapolis, MN, and originally by The Shreve Company of Los Angeles, CA. It is similar to the game Spill & Spell.
Each player throws ten or thirteen dice with letters printed on their faces. They must rearrange them into as many words as possible within a certain time, reusing the same letter set repeatedly. Points are scored according to the length of each word and the number of words made. Once a player reaches a certain score, they must use all thirteen dice, and are not allowed to make words that contain only three letters.
The dice are labeled as follows:
- Two Black Letter Dice: A, A, A, E, E, E
- Black Letter Die: B, I, T, K, R, H
- Black Letter Die: H, R, F, S, U, I
- Black Letter Die: G, R, M, S, U, I
- Black Letter Die: Z, E, X, Q, V, J
- Black Letter Die: F, T, N, P, U, I
- Black Letter Die: M, O, O, P, C, W
- Black Letter Die: D, R, T, L, O, N
- Black Letter Die: B, O, Y, L, O, W
- Red Letter Die: S, Q, Y, W, V, S
- Red Letter Die: B, F, P, H, N, L
- Red Letter Die: G, M, D, J, K, C
- "Perquackey Word Game - How To Play". Centralconnector.com. 2007-04-26. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- [dead link]
- "Perquackey Review". Gamereport.com. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Cardinal Games instruction page
- BoardGameGeek.com Perquackey page
- Software version of the game
- online word generating program, for use with the game
|This dice game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|