Perrineville, New Jersey
|Perrineville, New Jersey|
Center of Perrineville from westbound CR 1
|Elevation||154 ft (47 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||879240|
Perrineville is located 157 feet (48 m) above sea level and is centered on Perrineville Road (County Route 1) near Agress Road. A lake in the center of the community, Perrineville Lake, is a preserved area maintained by the Monmouth County Park System.
Perrineville is home to the Perrineville Jewish Center, a synagogue established in 1910 in the center of the community. More than 130 families attend prayer services regularly, led by Rabbi Sheldon Schevelowitz.
- "Perrineville". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed February 28, 2015.
- Census 2000 Fact Sheet for ZIP Code Tabulation Area 08535, United States Census Bureau. Accessed July 23, 2008.
- Monmouth County (PDF) (Map). New Jersey Department of Transportation. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- "Monmouth County Park System Parks - Perrineville Lake Park". Monmouth County Park System. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- Garbi, Jill. "100 years of tilling a fruitful field; Perrineville Jewish Center: from 10 farmers to 'tight' community", New Jersey Jewish News, November 15, 2010. Accessed June 9, 2016. "One hundred years ago, 10 Jewish newcomers to western Monmouth County planted the seeds of the First Hebrew Farmers Association in Perrineville."
|This Monmouth County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|