Perros del Mal (promotion)
|Founded||December 7, 2008|
|Founder(s)||Perro Aguayo, Jr.|
|Owner(s)||Perro Aguayo, Jr.|
Perros del Mal Producciones (Spanish for "Evil Dogs Productions"), often referred to as just Perros del Mal, was a Mexican professional wrestling promotion founded in October 2007 by Perro Aguayo, Jr. when he left Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre and became inactive around 2015. The promotion shared a name with Aguayo, Jr.'s wrestling stable (group) Los Perros del Mal and the stable is the main Rudo (villain) group in the promotion. The promotion had an "open door policy" which meant they did not generally had wrestlers under contract but hired them on a per appearance basis. Perros del Mal was also a booking agency, responsible for hiring the core Perros del Mal group and others to various independent promotions all over Mexico.
Originally the plan was for Perro Aguayo, Jr. to leave Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL) to set up the Perros del Mal promotion, using both CMLL wrestlers and independent wrestlers on his shows, working select dates for CMLL after the promotion was established. After Aguayo, Jr. and CMLL had a falling out in late 2008, Aguayo, Jr. and most of his Los Perros del Mal group left CMLL. Along with Aguayo, Jr. Mr. Águila and Damián 666 left CMLL and started a promotion that was completely independent of CMLL. CMLL ran counter programming for their debut show as well as later shows, trying to impede the success of Perros del Mal.
Since its inception Perros del Mal has seen a host of independent wrestlers work for them, including wrestlers such as Olímpico who had left CMLL. They also saw a number of wrestlers who had left Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA) come work for them. Since Perros del Mal do not sign wrestles to full-time contracts they sometimes suffer when one of the wrestlers they built their storylines around sign with either CMLL or AAA, such as the case of Dr. Wagner, Jr. signing with AAA, Cibernético returning to AAA and more recently L.A. Park's decision to work for AAA again. The promotion sent El Alebrije, Cuije and El Oriental to compete as "Team Perros del Mal" in Chikara's 2010 King of Trios tournament. Since the beginning of 2010 there had been rumors and reports that Los Perros del Mal were going to work together with AAA, with the Los Perros del Mal group acting as an "invading force", but nothing came of those early rumors. In early June Dorian Roldan, executive in AAA announced that Los Perros del Mal would be appearing at Triplemanía XVIII on June 6, 2010, AAA's largest event of the year. This appearance started a storyline, where the Perros del Mal group, led by Perro Aguayo, Jr., invaded AAA and aligned themselves with Roldan's and Konnan's La Legión Extranjera, La Milicia and Los Maniacos to form La Sociedad. The promotion held its third anniversary show on May 29, 2011, which was headlined by a six-man tag team steel cage Masks vs. Hairs match, where Los Psycho Circus (Monster Clown, Murder Clown and Psycho Clown) defeated Los Perros del Mal (Aguayo, Damián 666 and Super Crazy) and, as a result, Crazy, the last man left in the cage, was forced to have his head shaved bald. On March 13, 2012, Bestia 666, Damián 666, Halloween, Super Nova and X-Fly all quit Perros del Mal Producciones and formed their own independent group, La Familia de Tijuana. Halloween ended up returning to Los Perros del Mal the following month.
The Perros del Mal promotion held their first show on Sunday December 7, 2008 in Mexico City, Mexico at the Sala de Armas de Ciudad Deportiva ("Municipal Sports Armory"). CMLL decided to run a stacked show on the same day in Arena México, not far from the Perros del Mal event as a "counter promgraming" measure. The show featured a mixture of wrestlers from the Mexican independent circuit as well as Super Crazy who had left the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) not long before the event and Cibernético who walked out on Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA) a few weeks before the show.
|1||Dr. Markus and Gran Markus, Jr.[Note 1] defeated Bugambilia and Metal Boy||Tag team match|
|2||Esther Moreno and Martha Villalobos defeated Ayako Hamada and Rossy Moreno||Tag team match|
|3||Black Spirit, Super Nova, and Turbo defeated Black Thunder, Cerebro Negro, and X-Fly||Six-man tag team match|
|4||El Intocable, Rayman, and Super Crazy defeated Damián 666, Headhunter B, and Mr. Águila||Six-man tag team match|
|5||Cibernético, Dr. Wagner, Jr., and Perro Aguayo, Jr. defeated Headhunter A, LA Park, and Olímpico by disqualification||Six-man tag team match|
The Perros del Mal promotion did not have a number of wrestlers under full-time contracts, but instead employed an "open door" policy allowing them to book a variety of wrestlers on the independent circuit. The company did use a number of wrestlers on a regular basis. The core of the promotion was the Los Perros del Mal stable who in part founded the promotion.
From September 2010, the promotion began using wrestlers from AAA on shows as a part of their working relationship.
Listed below are some of the wrestlers who have worked recent Perros del Mal shows.
|Celestial||Perros del Mal Mini Champion|
|El Texano, Jr.|
|Halloween||Los Perros del Mal|
|Héctor Garza||Los Perros del Mal|
|El Hijo de Dr. Wagner, Jr.||Worked previously as Riveiro|
|El Hijo de L.A. Park||Worked previously as Black Spirit|
|El Hijo de Lizmark|
|El Hijo de Rey Misterio|
|Super Crazy||Los Perros del Mal|
|Trauma I||Los Perros del Mal|
|Trauma II||Los Perros del Mal|
- Notable alumni
The Perros del Mal promotion presented a "Perros del Mal champiohship" belt at the 2009 Lucha Libre Expo in July 2009, but made no announcement regarding the belt for over a year. Finally, on December 7, 2010, Perros del Mal crowned the first ever Perros del Mal Extremo Champion. Just like with their policy on wrestlers Perros del Mal also has an open policy on championships, if a wrestler holds a title they will recognize it and allow him or her to wear it, they will even promote title matches. Listed below are the championships that have been defended in the Los Perros del Mal promotion so far.
|Championship||Current champion||Date won||Previous Champion|
|Perros del Mal Extremo Championship||Joe Líder||May 22, 2015||Principe Escorpion|
|Perros del Mal Light Heavyweight Championship||Pentagon Jr.||July 17, 2016||Fenix|
|Perros del Mal Mini Championship||Celestial||November 13, 2011||Mr. Águilita|
|Mexican National Heavyweight Championship||Héctor Garza||February 14, 2012||X-Fly|
- This was not the original Gran Markus, Jr.
- Kreikenbohm, Philip. "Los Perros Del Mal (PDM) « Promotions Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database". www.cagematch.net. Retrieved 2016-08-12.
- "Perros del Mal". uperLuchas (in Spanish). December 14, 2008. issue 292.
- Csonka, Larry (April 9, 2010). "Opening Round Matches Announced For King of Trios 2010". 411Mania. Retrieved April 10, 2010.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (June 3, 2010). "Los Perros del Mal estaran en Triplemania 18". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved June 4, 2010.
- "Triplemanía XVIII: Fiesta de Fiestas" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. June 7, 2010. Archived from the original on August 15, 2010. Retrieved November 6, 2010.
- "Dorian Roldan: Lider de la Sociedad" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. August 27, 2010. Archived from the original on August 31, 2010. Retrieved November 6, 2010.
- "Maniacos, parte de la Sociedad" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. September 27, 2010. Archived from the original on October 1, 2010. Retrieved November 6, 2010.
- Rodríguez, Édgar (May 29, 2011). "Pierde cabellera Super Crazy". Récord. Retrieved May 30, 2011.
- Mexicool, Rey (March 15, 2012). "Las declaraciones de La "nueva" Familia de Tijuana". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- "Estoy contento de estar donde estoy por que es donde quiero estar". The Gladiatores (in Spanish). April 19, 2012. Retrieved April 20, 2012.
- Ocampo, Jorge (December 7, 2008). "La función debut de Los Perros del Mal, Olímpico y Head Hunter I y II las sorpresas". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved April 1, 2010.
- "Los Perros del Mal vs Todo X el Todo de El Hijo del Santo". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). January 8, 2010. Retrieved April 1, 2010.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (March 11, 2010). "Mascarita Dorada se une a los perros del Mal". SuperLuchaslanguage=Spanish. Retrieved April 1, 2010.
- Mexicool, Rey (February 15, 2012). "Perros del Mal (Resultados 14 de feb.): Héctor Garza, nuevo Campeón Nacional Completo – Halloween gana la Copa Extrema de la jauría". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved February 16, 2012.