|Genres||Rock, Rock and Roll, Folk Rock|
Current members: Alejandro GómezÁlvaro Gómez
The name “Perrosky” came from the childhood nickname of Alejandro, who was originally a solo performer before forming a duo with brother Álvaro.
In 2001, initially with a small repertoire of songs, Alejandro recorded his first acoustic low fidelity cassette called Añejo ("aged") and made his live debut in a bar in the neighborhood of Ñuñoa, Santiago. After this gig, Alejandro recruited his brother Álvaro to join him on drums, and the Perrosky style changed to become more electric. Although still playing in their parallel project Guiso, the Perrosky duo also began performing gigs in Santiago and other cities in Chile.
Albums and festivals
In 2004, Perrosky released a six track album called Otra Vez ("Again"), which they later combined with tracks from Añejo to form their first full-length album, El Ritmo y la Calle ("Rhythm and the Street"), released in 2007.
They have since released several EP and LPs Including a disc of covers "Doblando al Español" that includes covers of Eddie Cochrane, Velvet Underground, Rolling Stones, Atahualpa Yupanqui and the Chileans Hielo Negro and Leo Quinteros.
- Alejandro Gómez
- Álvaro Gómez
- Original Albums
- Añejo (2001 - Algo Records)
- El ritmo y la calle (2007 - Algo Records)
- Doblando al español (2008 - Algo Records)
- Tostado (2010 - Algo Records)
- Vivos (2013 - Algo Records)
- Other editions
(EPs, Compilations, Live Records, DVDs, re-editions)
- Otra vez EP (2004 - Algo Records)
- Campante y sonante EP (2010)
- Son del montón EP (2010)
- Catedral en coma Vol. 3 (2008)
- Rumos (2009 - International edition)
- Primer almuerzo: sesiones para Radio Guerritas 2009 (2009)
- Música x memoria (2011)
- EP: El compilado (2012)