Perry Marshall in Chicago, IL
|Alma mater||University of Nebraska|
|Occupation||marketing consultant, author|
Perry Sink Marshall is an American online marketing consultant, and author of books on internet marketing. He is a Christian proponent of continuationism and evolutionary creation, and has lectured and written on these topics.
Work and publications
Marshall was a national sales manager at Synergetic Micro Systems; he left in 2001 after the company was bought by Lantronix. He started a marketing consultancy, Perry S. Marshall & Associates, and published his first book, Industrial Ethernet – A Pocket Guide. It was followed by second and third editions, co-written with John Rinaldi.
In 2002 he released Guerrilla Marketing for Hi-Tech Sales People, an audio CD. With Bryan Todd, he wrote the Definitive Guide to Google AdWords in 2006, and the Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords in 2007.
In 2011, with Thomas Meloche, Marshall published Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising.
In 2007, Marshall was a consultant on The Next Internet Millionaire, hosted by Joel Comm; he discussed Richard Koch's 80/20 rule. He later wrote 80/20 Sales and Marketing, published in 2013. Inc.com reviewed it as one of the "5 Best Sales Books of 2013."
- Miller, Jimmy Vee, Travis Miller, Joel Bauer ; assisted by Jennifer (2008). Gravitational marketing : the science of attracting customers ([Online-Ausg.] ed.). Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons. p. 197. ISBN 9780470226476.
- Dahl, Darren (October 17, 2012). "Small Players Seek an Alternative to the Expense of Pay-Per-Click". New York Times. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- "Contents - 2015 ASA Annual Meeting" (PDF). American Scientific Affiliation. 2015. Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- Marshall, Perry. "Religion". Retrieved 11 March 2017.
- Thomas, George (March–April 2002). "The Marketing Communications Consultant - Perry Sink Marshall" (PDF). The Extension/ a Technical Supplement to Control Network. 3 (2). Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- Frenzel, Lou (March 26, 2008). "Industrial Networking Texts: Two Selections". Electronic Design. Penton Media, inc. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- Scarborough, Mitch Meyerson; with Mary Eule (2008). Mastering online marketing. [Irvine, CA]: Entrepreneur Press. pp. 196. ISBN 9781599181516.
- Joel Comm, foreword by Mark Joyner (2008). Click here to order: stories of the world's most successful internet marketing entrepreneurs. Garden City, NY: Morgan James Publishing. pp. 146–150. ISBN 978-1600371738.
- Miller, Michael (2008). Online marketing heroes: interviews with 25 successful online marketing gurus. Indianapolis, IN: Wiley Pub. pp. 217–224. ISBN 978-0-470-24204-9.
- Marshall, Perry (2002). Guerilla Marketing for Hi-Tech Sales People - 21 Secrets of High-Impact, Low Cost Marketing (Audio CD).
- Jacobson, Howie; McDonald, Kristie; McDonald, Joel (2012). Google AdWords for dummies (3rd ed.). Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons. pp. 277–278, 289. ISBN 1118115619.
- Comm, Jaime Luchuck; forward by Joel (2008). From cubicle slave to the next Internet millionaire. New York: Madeeasy Pub. pp. 205–222. ISBN 1600373720.
- Marshall, Perry (August 2013). 80/20 Sales and Marketing. Entrepreneur Press. p. 115. ISBN 1599185059.
- "5 Best Sales Books of 2013". Inc.com. 10 December 2013. Retrieved 2018-03-18.