Perry Township, Brown County, Ohio
|Perry Township, Brown County, Ohio|
Countryside in central Perry Township, with Fayetteville in the middle
Location of Perry Township in Brown County
|• Total||59.1 sq mi (153.0 km2)|
|• Land||58.8 sq mi (152.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||938 ft (286 m)|
|• Density||81/sq mi (31.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085801|
Perry Township is one of the sixteen townships of Brown County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census found 4,735 people in the township, 4,405 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the far northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Marion Township, Clinton County - north, west of Jefferson Township
- Jefferson Township, Clinton County - north, east of Marion Township
- Dodson Township, Highland County - east, north of Salem Township
- Salem Township, Highland County - east, south of Dodson Township
- Green Township - south, east of Sterling Township
- Sterling Township - south, west of Green Township
- Jackson Township, Clermont County - west, south of Wayne Township
- Wayne Township, Clermont County - west, north of Jackson Township
The most northerly township in Brown County, it is the only part of the county to border Clinton County.
Name and history
Perry Township was formed in 1815.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Perry township, Brown County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 20, 2014.
- The History of Brown County, Ohio: Containing a History of the County, Its Townships, Towns, Churches, Schools, Etc. Higginson Book Company. 1883. p. 484.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.