Perry Township, Coshocton County, Ohio
|Perry Township, Coshocton County, Ohio|
Union Elementary School on State Route 79
Location of Perry Township in Coshocton County
|• Total||25.73 sq mi (66.64 km2)|
|• Land||25.72 sq mi (66.62 km2)|
|• Water||0.008 sq mi (0.02 km2)|
|Elevation||1,053 ft (321 m)|
|• Density||28/sq mi (10.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085925|
Located in the far western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Newcastle Township - north
- Jefferson Township - northeast corner
- Bedford Township - east
- Pike Township - south
- Fallsbury Township, Licking County - southwest
- Jackson Township, Knox County - west
- Butler Township, Knox County - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Perry township, Coshocton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Hunt, William Ellis (1876). Historical Collections of Coshocton County, Ohio. R. Clarke & Company. p. 3.
- Graham, Albert Adams (1881). History of Coshocton County, Ohio: Its Past and Present, 1740-1881. A. A. Graham. p. 580.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.