Perry Township, Fayette County, Ohio
|Perry Township, Fayette County, Ohio|
Agricultural fields in the township's southeast
Location of Perry Township in Fayette County
|• Total||28.7 sq mi (74.3 km2)|
|• Land||28.7 sq mi (74.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,007 ft (307 m)|
|• Density||36/sq mi (14.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086093|
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Union Township - north
- Wayne Township - northeast
- Buckskin Township, Ross County - southeast corner
- Madison Township, Highland County - south
- Green Township - west
- Concord Township - northwest
No municipalities are located in Perry Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Perry township, Fayette County, Ohio". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 1, 2016.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.