Perry Township, Lake County, Ohio
|Perry Township, Lake County, Ohio|
Fields along River Road
Location of Perry Township in Lake County
|• Total||151.5 sq mi (392.4 km2)|
|• Land||23.4 sq mi (60.5 km2)|
|• Water||128.1 sq mi (331.9 km2)|
|Elevation||696 ft (212 m)|
|• Density||352.8/sq mi (136.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086430|
Perry Township is one of the five townships of Lake County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 8,240 people in the township, 6,220 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northeastern part of the county along Lake Erie, it borders the following townships:
- Madison Township - east
- LeRoy Township - south
- Concord Township - southwest corner
- Painesville Township - west
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. As of 2014, the trustees are Rick Amos, Robert Dawson, and Nancy Steele, and the fiscal officer is Christine Page.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Lake County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Archived 2016-08-18 at the Wayback Machine. Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- "Public Officials". Perry Township. Retrieved September 16, 2015.