Perry Township, Miami County, Indiana
Location in Miami County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||40.53 sq mi (105.0 km2)|
|• Land||40.39 sq mi (104.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.14 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.35%|
|Elevation||820 ft (250 m)|
|• Density||21.4/sq mi (8.3/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46910, 46951, 46974|
|GNIS feature ID||0453722|
The first settlement at Perry Township was made in 1833. Perry Township was organized in 1837. The township is named for Oliver Hazard Perry, best known for his heroic role in the War of 1812 during the Battle of Lake Erie.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 40.53 square miles (105.0 km2), of which 40.39 square miles (104.6 km2) (or 99.65%) is land and 0.14 square miles (0.36 km2) (or 0.35%) is water.
- Gilead at
The township contains these five cemeteries: Gilead, Enterprise, Gaerte, Shoemaker and Tilden.
- North Miami Community Schools
- Indiana's 5th congressional district
- State House District 23
- State Senate District 18
- "Perry Township, Miami County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- "History of Miami County (archived)". Miami County Tourism Office. Archived from the original on February 12, 2015. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- Bodurtha , Arthur Lawrence (1914). History of Miami County, Indiana: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People and Its Principal Interests. Lewis Pub. p. 137.
- History of Miami County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Brant & Fuller. 1887. p. 712.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Perry Township
||Henry Township, Fulton County|
|Allen Township||Paw Paw Township, Wabash County
Pleasant Township, Wabash County
|Union Township||Richland Township|