Perry Township, Monroe County, Indiana
Field in Perry Township
Location in Monroe County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.48 sq mi (91.9 km2)|
|• Land||35.36 sq mi (91.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.12 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.34%|
|Elevation||728 ft (222 m)|
|• Density||1,433.2/sq mi (553.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||47401, 47403, 47404|
|Area code(s)||812, 930|
|GNIS feature ID||453723|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.48 square miles (91.9 km2), of which 35.36 square miles (91.6 km2) (or 99.66%) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.31 km2) (or 0.34%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Bloomington (southern half of the city, south of [approximately] Third Street)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Mount Salem Cemetery.
- Monroe County Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 60
- State House District 61
- State Senate District 40
- "Perry Township, Monroe County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Morgan, Monroe and Brown, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 381.
- History of Lawrence and Monroe Counties, Indiana: Their People, Industries, and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. 1914. p. 417.