Perry Township, Vanderburgh County, Indiana
Lake Victoria, in the Mesker Park Zoo, located in Perry Township
Location in Vanderburgh County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||28.21 sq mi (73.1 km2)|
|• Land||27.78 sq mi (71.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.43 sq mi (1.1 km2) 1.52%|
|Elevation||459 ft (140 m)|
|• Density||903.4/sq mi (348.8/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47712, 47720|
|GNIS feature ID||453726|
Perry Township is one of eight townships in Vanderburgh County, Indiana, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 25,092 and it contained 10,678 housing units. The University of Southern Indiana Campus is located in Perry Township.
Perry Township was organized in 1840.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.21 square miles (73.1 km2), of which 27.78 square miles (71.9 km2) (or 98.48%) is land and 0.43 square miles (1.1 km2) (or 1.52%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Evansville (west edge)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Memorial Park, Putman and Saint Joseph.
- Woodland Lake
- Indiana's 8th congressional district
- State House District 76
- State Senate District 49
- State Senate District 50
- "Perry Township, Vanderburgh County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Vanderburgh County, Indiana: From the Earliest Times to the Present. Brant & Fuller. 1889. p. 62.
||Robinson Township, Posey County||German Township||Center Township|
|Marrs Township, Posey County||Pigeon Township|