|Time zone||UTC+0 (WET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-1 (IST (WEST))|
|Eircode (Routing Key)|
Perrystown (Irish: Baile Pheire) is a suburb in South Dublin, Ireland. It is in the Dublin 12 postal district and is adjacent to the areas of Crumlin, Greenhills, Kimmage, Templeogue, Terenure, and Walkinstown.
Location and transport
Perrystown lies just north of the River Poddle, six kilometres east-northeast of the river's source.
The district is directly serviced by the 15A and 150 bus routes. The 9, 17, 54A, and 83 bus routes all serve Perrystown's surrounding areas.
The Ashleaf Shopping Centre is to the north of Perrystown, containing a Dunnes Stores and several other small outlets. There is another shopping area, including the Perrystown Post Office, on Whitehall Road West.
There is a large badminton centre, the Terenure Badminton Centre, on Whitehall Road. In 2018 and 2019, the bar upstairs in this badminton centre served as the sole Irish venue for the World Quizzing Championship, an individual event that is held simultaneously in many countries around the world for one day each year, normally in June.
The cyclists competing in Stage 1 of the 1998 Tour de France (which started in Ireland that year) passed within 100 yards of the village of Perrystown during this stage (Greentrees Road - Willington Roundabout - Templeville Road) on the way to 1987 Tour de France winner Stephen Roche's hometown of Dundrum in Dublin, and finished back in Dublin City Centre via County Wicklow to complete the stage.
Local government and politics
Perrystown is within the administrative area of South Dublin County Council, in the Rathfarnham-Templeogue local electoral area. It closely shares a border with Dublin City, and is in the Dublin South Central Dáil constituency.
- Sonny Knowles, showband singer.
- Niall Quinn, former Ireland football international.
- Anthony Stokes, Ireland football international
- "Kimmage Manor Website". Archived from the original on 27 April 2021. Retrieved 27 April 2021.
- "Kimmage Manor Website". www.kimmagemanorparish.com. Archived from the original on 27 April 2021. Retrieved 27 April 2021.
- "Store Directory - Ashleaf Shopping Centre — Ashleaf Shopping Centre". www.ashleafshoppingcentre.ie. Archived from the original on 27 April 2021. Retrieved 27 April 2021.
- "The Laurels Perrystown | Bar & Restaurant | Dublin". www.thelaurelsperrystown.ie. Archived from the original on 9 July 2021. Retrieved 7 July 2021.
- "The Pines – Cafe Bar and Restaurant". Archived from the original on 8 July 2021. Retrieved 7 July 2021.
- Leinster's Terenure Badminton Centre Archived 5 June 2021 at the Wayback Machine Leinster Badminton, 2019-09-24.
- Obituary: Sonny Knowles Archived 13 June 2021 at the Wayback Machine Irish Independent, 2018-11-18.
- Ó Mealóid, Seán (18 March 1988). "Niall Quinn Arsenal Striker". Cúrsaí’. Archived from the original on 12 July 2020. Retrieved 7 July 2020 – via RTÉ Archives.