This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Persefone performing at Turock Open Air 2015
|Genres||Progressive metal, technical death metal, melodic death metal|
|Associated acts||Potmos Hetoimos|
|Members||Marc Martins Pia|
Carlos Lozano Quintanilla
Miguel Espinosa Ortiz
Toni Mestre Coy
|Past members||Aleix Dorca|
Marc Mas Marti
Jordi Gorgues Mateu
Persefone was founded in early 2001 in the small nation of Andorra; founding members are Carlos Lozano Quintanilla, Jordi Gorgues Mateu, Toni Mestre Coy, and Xavi Pérez. In 2002 they were joined by Miguel Espinosa Ortiz. A demo was recorded in 2003, and the concept of the album took shape: the five soul illnesses combined with the transition from life to death.[clarification needed] A 6-track demo became an LP with the help of Claus Jensen and Intromental Management; Truth Inside the Shades was recorded at Orion Studios and mastered by Peter in de Betou for Taylor Maid Productions.
Some gigs were scheduled, but Pérez left the band, and was replaced by Aleix Dorca Josa, producer of the band, who joined it to perform drums. Also, Marc Marti became the lead singer, taking over for Quintanilla. After this, Truth Inside the Shades was released worldwide through Soundholic Records (Japan), Cd-Maximum (Russia and Baltic States), and Adipocere Records (Europe and United States).
The next album, a longer concept album, relates the story of Persephone, the Greek goddess for which the band was named. In August 2006, Core was released in Japan through Soundholic Records. In 2007, a year after its Japanese release, Persefone signed a deal with Greek label Burning Star Records, and in August the album was released worldwide.
On 22 February 2018, Persefone announced that they would release a new single, In Lak'Ech, a month later on 23 March, featuring Tim Charles from Ne Obliviscaris. The song title comes from "In Lak’ech Ala K’in", a traditional Mayan greeting, meaning "I am another yourself" or "I am you, and you are me".
- Toni Mestre Coy - bass (2001-present)
- Carlos Lozano Quintanilla - guitar (2001-present) vocals (2001-2004)
- Miguel Espinoza - keyboards, vocals (2002-present)
- Mark Martins Pia - vocals (2004-present)
- Sergi Verdeguer - drums (2015-present)
- Filipe Baldaia - guitar (2016-present)
- Xavi Perez - drums (2001-2003)
- Jordi Gorgues Mateu - guitar (2001-2016)
- Aleix Dorca Josa - drums (2003-2006)
- Marc Mas Marti - drums (2006-2014)
- Born, R. "Persefone". MusicMight. Archived from the original on 20 September 2011. Retrieved 16 July 2009.
- ‘Shin-ken’, nou disc del grup andorrà Persefone
- La banda de Death Metal Persefone, de gira per Europa Archived 6 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- El Rockòdrom tornarà a apostar per la qualitat i reduirà el nombre de concerts
- Mordigans, Nami i Persefone s'instal·len als locals d'Encamp Archived 2 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- Official Persefone website, http://www.persefone.com
- "Marc Mas Leaves Persefone". 5 August 2014. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- "PERSEFONE Announce New Album; European Headline Tour". Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles. 6 September 2016. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- "PERSEFONE To Release "In Lak'Ech" Single In March". Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles. 22 February 2018. Retrieved 15 July 2018.
- Trevino, Y. (15 March 2012). "Reconciling the Blessings and Challenges of Diversity through Ancestral Spiritual Values". The Interfaith Observer. Archived from the original on 25 June 2018.
- Blume, Arthur W., ed. (2017). "Chapter 5. Applying Latina/o Psychology to Address Social Issues". Social Issues in Living Color: Challenges and Solutions from the Perspective of Ethnic Minority Psychology. I. Praeger. p. 93. ISBN 978-1-4408-4671-7.
…the law of In Lak'ech Ala K'in, which means "I am another you" (a modern interpretation), or "I am you, and you are me" (a traditional Mayan interpretation).