|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Pershyttan is a small mining town approximately 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) south south west of Nora, Sweden (174 km west of Stockholm). It has been restored and kept mainly as a working museum of Bergslagen's mining and iron handling which started in the early 14th century.
Some goals of the moon mine project are:
- Outdoor design to provide an environment with outdoor feeling.
- Cultivation of vegetables with help of optical fibers transferred sunlight or with fluorescent light sources.
- Low volume production of metal objects. Through means of welding.
- Housing design.
- Outdoor alike environment inside cave corridors with runner tracks.
- Mining and mineral extraction with minimal equipment.
- "Draft plans (English)". 090107 moon-mine.com
|This article about a location in Örebro County, Sweden is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|