October 25, 1972|
Miami, Florida, U.S.
|Known for||Lynn Searcy – Girlfriends|
(m. 2008; div. 2009)
Persia White (born October 25, 1972)(is an American actress, singer and musician. White is perhaps best known for her role as Lynn Searcy on the sitcom Girlfriends which originally aired from 2000 until 2008. White is also a member of the industrial rock band XEO3 and a solo singer, who released her debut album Mecca in 2009.
White was born one of four children to a European American mother and a Bahamian father. Her early years were spent in the Bahamas. White's father was paralyzed in a car accident when she was three. He later moved to Miami to seek better medical care. White's mother moved with her children to the South Florida area two years later, but did not reunite with White's father. White later joined the Miami Coconut Grove Children's Theater. As a teen, she studied dance, acting, singing, and painting. After high school, White signed with the Ford Agency and obtained her Screen Actors Guild card. She then moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in acting.
White has appeared in various independent films, including Red Letters (opposite Peter Coyote) and the cult horror Blood Dolls. She starred in the made-for-TV movies Operation Sandman (opposite Ron Perlman), and Suddenly, opposite Kirstie Alley. Her television work includes guest starring roles on Angel, NYPD Blue, The Steve Harvey Show, Brooklyn South, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, as well as a series regular role on Breaker High with co-star Ryan Gosling and Hit TV Series Girlfriends as Lynn. In 2008, White appeared in The Fall of Night, as the character Dawn. She can also be seen in Chrisette Michele's video, "Be OK".
In addition to acting, White also co-produced the award-winning documentary Earthlings, narrated by Joaquin Phoenix. In July 2011, White won the award for Best Performance By An Actor in the American Black Film Festival for her work in Dysfunctional Friends. She also appeared as Bonnie's mother on The Vampire Diaries in a semi-recurring role.
White is a vegan, a human and animal rights advocate, and environmentalist. She was honored by PETA as a 2005 Humanitarian of the Year. She is a board member for the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society. On February 29, 2008, White was engaged to singer Saul Williams, her boyfriend of five years. They met in 2003 when he made a guest appearance on the TV show Girlfriends. On January 17, 2009, White announced via her Myspace blog that she and Williams were no longer together.
|1994||Blue Chips||Uncredited|
|1999||Blood Dolls||Black Baby|
|2000||Red Letters||Vanessa Cody|
|2007||The Fall of Night||Dawn|
|2011||Kiss the Bride||Trina||Direct-to-video|
|2012||The Marriage Chronicles||Marcia Anson|
|2012||Guardian of Eden||Clarke|
|2012||No Mo Games||Morgan|
|2017||You Can't Fight Christmas||Millicent|
|1996||NYPD Blue||Margie||Episode: "These Old Bones"|
|1996||Malibu Shores||Listener||Episode: "Hotline"|
|1996||Saved by the Bell: The New Class||Heather||Episode: "Little Hero"|
|1996||Goode Behavior||Trish||Episode: "Goode Grades"|
|1997||Weird Science||Kim||Episode: "Gary Had a Little Cram"|
|1997||The Burning Zone||Jenny||Episode: "Critical Mass"|
|1997||Sister, Sister||Anya||Episode: "Three the Heart Way"|
|1997||The Parent 'Hood||Alexia||Episode: "Tango & Cash"|
|1997||Buffy the Vampire Slayer||Aura||3 episodes|
|1997||Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction||Molly||Episode: "On the Road"|
|1997–1998||Breaker High||Denise Williams||Main role, 44 episodes|
|1998||Brooklyn South||Cinnamon||Episode: "Cinnamon Buns"|
|1998||Malcolm & Eddie||Sharon||Episode: "Bowl-a-Drama"|
|1999||The Steve Harvey Show||Monique||Episode: "All That Jazz"|
|1999||Clueless||Veronica||Episode: "My Best Friend's Boyfriend"|
|1999||Another World||Kineisha 'K.C.' Burrell||1 episode|
|2000||Operation Sandman||Private Winslow||Television movie|
|2000–2008||Girlfriends||Lynn Searcy||Main role, 172 episodes|
|2001||Angel||Agnes "Aggie" Belfleur||Episode: "Over the Rainbow"|
|2005||Unscripted||Flirty Girl||Episode #1.8|
|2012–2013, 2017||The Vampire Diaries||Abby Bennett Wilson||Recurring role, 7 episodes|
|Year||Award||Category||Title of work|
|2008||ALMA Award||Outstanding Female Performance in a Comedy Television Series||Girlfriends'|
|Studio album by Persia White|
|Released||October 31, 2009|
|Genre||Alternative, trip hop|
|Singles from Mecca|
Mecca is Persia White's debut album. It was released digitally on October 31, 2009, and on CD on December 8, 2009. The title comes from the name of White's daughter. The final three songs on the album were all featured on the TV series Girlfriends which White acted in.
- "Wanting" – 3:58
- "Perfect" – 3:15
- "Receive" (featuring Saul Williams) – 4:15
- "Pressed Against Gods Thoughts" – 2:02
- "Haunt" – 3:02
- "2 Sea" – 1:23
- "Danger" (featuring Saul Williams) – 3:25
- "Salvation" – 4:57
- "Tease" (featuring Tricky) – 3:22
- "Choices" (Girlfriends season finale song) – 2:47
- "Past Mistakes" (featuring Tricky) – 4:10
- Crissy Calhoun (2014). "Love You to Death - Season 3: The Unofficial Companion to the Vampire Diaries". Google Books. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- Turner, Miki (2004-02-23). "Persia's Edge". sun-sentinel.com. p. 1. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Turner, Miki (2004-02-23). "Persia's Edge". sun-sentinel.com. p. 2. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Earthlings: Cast and Crew". earthlings.com. Archived from the original on 2010-08-18. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- "ABFF Announced 2011 Winners". abff.com. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- "Persia White: Biography". cwtv.com. Archived from the original on April 23, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- "SSCS Board of Directors: Persia White". seashepherd.org. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- "Feeding sheep : photo image" (JPG). I2.tinypic.com. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "Persia White attending the 19th Annual Genesis Awards - Arrivals and VIP Reception held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA on 3/19/2005 | SGG-059590". Prphotos.com. 2005-03-19. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- "Love Life and Friendship". blogs.myspace.com. Retrieved 2009-01-18.
- "Joseph Morgan Marries Persia White in Jamaica". Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- Girl, L.A. (July 24, 2014). "Top 10 things about Persia White Vampires Diaries actor Joseph Morgan's Wife". Daily Entertainment News. Archived from the original on 2014-09-11. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
White, who will turn 42 this year, is the mother of an 19-year-old daughter...
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Persia White|