|(205,000 (2015 estimate))|
|Regions with significant populations|
|Richmond Hill, Toronto, West Vancouver, Montreal, Ottawa|
|Azerbaijani, Armenian, Kurdish, and other languages of Iran. (see Languages of Iran).|
|Twelver Shi'a Islam, Irreligion, Sunni Islam, Bahá'í Faith, Christianity (Protestantism and Catholicism), Judaism, and Zoroastrianism|
Iranian Canadians or Persian Canadians are citizens of Canada whose national background is traced from Iran or people possessing Iranian and Canadian dual citizenship. from the 2006 Canadian census and the main communities can be found in Southern Ontario, British Columbia, and Quebec; the vast majority, however, live in the northern suburbs of Toronto such as Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Markham, and Thornhill, and in the municipalities of Vancouver such as: North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Burnaby, and Coquitlam. An estimated total of 46,255 Iranians currently reside in the Greater Toronto Area, 29,265 in the Greater Vancouver Area, 9,535 in the Greater Montreal Area, and the remainder are spread out in the other major cities in Canada based on the 2006 Canadian Census.
However, these numbers only represent the people who immigrated from Iran (Persia) and filled out the census survey. There are an estimated 50,000 more Iranians who did not fill out the survey and were born outside Iran including Canada. Estimated numbers for Toronto are around 65,000; in Vancouver they range up to 40,000 and in Montreal there are not more than 15,000.
Notable Canadians of Iranian descent
- Payam Akhavan, pioneer in international criminal law and leading human rights advocate; McGill University
- Kaveh Farrokh, historian
- Ramin Jahanbegloo, philosopher and university professor
- Ali Khademhosseini, Associate Professor of Medicine; Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology
- Shahrzad Mojab, Professor of Leadership, Higher and Adult Education at the University of Toronto
- Reza Zadeh, computer scientist at Stanford University
Art and literature
- Hossein Amanat, architect, urban designer
- Reza Aliabadi (rzlbd), architect, designer
- Joobin Bekhrad, writer
- Reza Baraheni, novelist, poet, critic, and political activist
- Jian Ghomeshi, member of Moxy Früvous; former host of CBC's play; former host of Q on CBC Radio 1
- Siamak Hariri, architect
- Ramin Karimloo, West End performer, playing the lead role in Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera and the sequel Love Never Dies
- Fariborz Lachini, music composer
- Nima Mazhari, painter, photographer and husband of ex-Olympic biathlete Myriam Bédard, convicted and sentenced in June 2007 for stealing paintings from the late painter Ghitta Caiserman
- Sanaz Mazinani, photographer and curator
- Marina Nemat, author
- Ghazal Omid (غزل امید), nonfiction political writer, nonfiction children's book writer, speaker, NGO executive
- Pardis Parker, award-winning director, writer, actor, and comedian
- Fariborz Sahba, architect
- Parviz Tanavoli, sculptor and painter
- Khashayar Farzam, powerlifter, medical student, former track and field athlete & co-founder of Prosmetica
- Nazanin Afshin-Jam, Miss Canada 2003, first runner-up of Miss World 2003, actress, singer-songwriter, human rights activist; wife of former Canadian Defence Minister Peter MacKay
- Ramona Amiri, Miss World Canada 2005, semifinalist of Miss World 2005
- Sahar Biniaz, second runner-up of Miss Tourism Queen International 2008, Miss Universe Canada 2012
- Samantha Tajik, Miss Universe Canada 2008
- Ghermezian family, billionaire shopping mall developers
- Hassan Khosrowshahi, founder of Future Shop
- Karim Hakimi, founder of Hakim Optical
- Shahrzad Rafati, founder of BroadbandTV Corp
- Shahin Assayesh, publisher
- Mehdi Sadaghdar, YouTube personality, electrical engineer
- Maziar Bahari, journalist
- Jian Ghomeshi, CBC broadcaster, writer, producer and musician
- Farid Haerinejad, CBC former producer, documentary maker and current ِِEditor in Chief of Radio Zamaneh
- Zahra Kazemi, photojournalist
- Nikahang Kowsar, cartoonist
- Touka Neyestani, cartoonist
- Ali Ehsassi, Federal Liberal MP for Willowdale, lawyer
- Majid Jowhari, Federal Liberal MP for Richmond Hill, engineer
- Amir Khadir, Québec solidaire MNA for Mercier, microbiologist
- Reza Moridi, Ontario Liberal MPP for Richmond Hill, physicist, engineer
- Azerbaijani Canadians
- Armenian Canadians
- Canadian Society of Iranian Engineers and Architects-Ottawa
- Iranian diaspora
- Iranian Americans
- Kurds in Canada
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2016-02-26.
- "PM meets with representatives of the Persian-Canadian community - Prime Minister of Canada". Pm.gc.ca. 2009-08-04. Archived from the original on 2012-03-06. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "Nazanin Afshin-Jam: TD Bank 'Misinterpreting' Iran Sanctions In Shutting Persian-Canadians' Accounts". HuffingtonPost.ca. 2012-09-12. Retrieved 2015-04-27.
- "Ethnic origins, 2006 counts, for Canada, provinces and territories - 20% sample data". Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2009-10-11.
- "Payam Akhavan". HuffingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2017-08-20.
- [dead link]
- McNair, Brian (28 May 2015). "Oshawa's Khashayar Farzam puts power into lifting". Durhamregion.com. Retrieved 2017-08-20.
- "گفتگو با خشایار فرزام قهرمان وزنه برداری کانادا -Salam Toronto Weekly Newspaper (Farsi) - Bringing you the latest Iranian-Canadian News from Toronto in Persian". Salamtoronto.ca. Retrieved 2017-08-20.
- "Shahrvand Profile". Canadian Minority Media Database. 2014-05-08. Retrieved 2014-06-25.