Persifer Township, Knox County, Illinois
Location in Knox County
Knox County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1852|
|• Total||35.57 sq mi (92.1 km2)|
|• Land||34.72 sq mi (89.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.85 sq mi (2.2 km2) 2.39%|
|Elevation||597 ft (182 m)|
|• Density||28.2/sq mi (10.9/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61428, 61436, 61448, 61485|
|GNIS feature ID||0429552|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.57 square miles (92.1 km2), of which 34.72 square miles (89.9 km2) (or 97.61%) is land and 0.85 square miles (2.2 km2) (or 2.39%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Bradford, Myers and Trenton.
- Knoxville Community Unit School District 202
- Williamsfield Community Unit School District 210
- Illinois's 18th congressional district
- State House District 74
- State Senate District 37
- "Persifer Township, Knox County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Sparta Township||Copley Township||Victoria Township|
|Knox Township||Truro Township|
|Orange Township||Haw Creek Township|