Artist's impression of a Persona satellite
Vavilov State Optical Institute
|Country of origin||Russia|
|Design life||3-5 years|
|Launch mass||7,000 kilograms (15,000 lb)|
|Maiden launch||Kosmos 2441|
26 July 2008
Persona is a class of Russian reconnaissance satellites, derived from the Resurs DK class of remote sensing satellite, in turn derived from the Soviet Yantar reconnaissance satellites. The satellites are built by TsSKB-Progress, and the optics by LOMO and the Vavilov State Optical Institute.
The first satellite, identified as Kosmos 2441, was launched into a 750 km sun synchronous orbit on 26 July 2008, atop a Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket from LC-43/4 at the Plesetsk Cosmodrome. It reportedly failed to return useful imagery due to an electrical malfunction.
The satellites had a mass of 6,500 kilograms (14,300 lb), are 7 metres (23 ft) long, and 2.7 metres (8.9 ft) in diameter.
The CCD sensor is probably ELCT1080v1U with a pixel size of 9 μm. The CCD is produced by ELAR, previously known as ELECTRON-OPTRONIC.[failed verification] The focal plane unit is manufactured by NPO Opteks.
- Clark, Stephen (26 July 2008). "Soyuz 2-1b rocket launches classified military payload". Spaceflight Now. Retrieved 27 October 2008.
- Шпион на связь не вышел (in Russian). Российская газета. Retrieved 11 February 2009.
- Graham, William. "Russian spy satellite launched via Soyuz 2-1B". NASASpaceflight.com. Retrieved 8 June 2013.
- "'Persona' at Anatoly Zak's Russian Space Web". Retrieved 19 August 2015.
- "Cosmos-2506 - new Persona reconnaissance satellite". Retrieved 19 August 2015.
- ОПТИКО-ЭЛЕКТРОННЫЕ СИСТЕМЫ ДЛЯ ДИСТАНЦИОННОГО ЗОНДИРОВАНИЯ ЗЕМЛИ (PDF) (in Russian). LOMO. Retrieved 27 October 2008.
- Разработки и производство ФПЗС и цифровых камер на их основе. // Интернет-журнал "ТелеФото Техника", 01.11.2008 (russian): "Тип ФПЗС ELCT1080v1U ... Размеры элемента, μм 9х9"
- ФПЗС с временной задержкой и накоплением (in Russian). NPP-ELAR. Retrieved 27 October 2008.
|This article about one or more spacecraft of the Soviet Union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|