Personal Data Service
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Personal Data Service or Personal Data Store (PDS) is a service to let an individual store, manage and deploy their key personal data in a highly secure and structured way. It gives the user a central point of control for their personal information (e.g. interests, contact information, affiliations, preferences, friends). The user's data attributes being managed by the service may be stored in a co-located repository, or they may be stored multiple external distributed repositories, or a combination of both. Attributes from a PDS may be accessed via an API. Users of the same PDS instance may be allowed to selectively share sets of attributes with other users.
- data.fm - an open source, PDS with a centralized underlying attribute store as well as an API to enable bi-directional attribute updates from external websites and services. The APIs are based on standards and include WebDav, SPARQL and linked data. Data formats exchanged include RDF, XML and JSON.
- HAT - Hub-of-All-Things
- Higgins - Higgins is an open source project dedicated to giving individuals more control over their personal identity, profile and social network data.
- ID Hole - ID Hole was a dynamic and commercial consumer PDS that allows for the storing of personal data and the dynamic sharing of that data with other parties. ID Hole is adding new features constantly to its feature set.
- openPDS/SafeAnswers - openPDS/SafeAnswers allows users to collect, store, and give fine-grained access to their data all while protecting their privacy.
- ownyourinfo.com - a personal information storing and sharing application.
- mydex.org - mydex's mission is to empower individuals to manage their lives more effectively through convenient, trustworthy access and control of their personal data and how it is used by them and others. This is achieved through interoperable API-based components for identity, consent and personal data management.
- "UNDERSTANDING PERSONAL DATA STORES (PDS)". mydex. Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- John S. McKean (12 September 2014). Customer's New Voice: Extreme Relevancy and Experience through Volunteered Customer Information. Wiley. pp. 189–. ISBN 978-1-119-00436-3.
- "Unlocking the Value of Personal Data: From Collection to Usage" (PDF). World Economic Forum. 2013. Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- New market for 'empowering personal data services "will transform relationships between customers and brands" - Ctrl-Shift