A security detail more often known as a PSD, standing for Protective Services Detail, Personal Security Detachment, or Personal Security Detail is a protective team assigned to protect the personal security of an individual or group. PSDs can be made up of military personnel, private security contractors, or law enforcement agents.
U.S. Marine Corps
PSD teams are often made up of private security personnel. Organizations such as Academi's security department, DynCorp and Triple Canopy, Inc. offer armed security teams to clients traveling in war zones.
- "PSD Protects Commander, Views Change". Military.com. 2007-02-15. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- Marine Corps News - Security detail escorts battlefield leader through dangerous missions Archived October 9, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Riding Shotgun in Baghdad with Blackwater's Security Detail - Popular Mechanics Archived January 13, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "PSD, Private Security In Iraq". Bravocompanyusa.com. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- Taxi driver shot dead by private guard in Baghdad | Iraq Updates Archived October 21, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Highly-Trained Prior Military and Experienced PSD Wanted for Various Assignments". Defense Review. 2011-03-15. Archived from the original on August 7, 2011. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- Human Rights First; Private Security Contractors at War: Ending the Culture of Impunity (2008)