||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Massapequa, New York
then Melville, New York
|Key people||Adam Post (publisher)
Eric Shefferman (publisher)
Alex Ryley (director of operations)
Michele Howell (story editor)
Kirk Lindo (art editor)
|Publication types||Comic books|
|Fiction genres||Celebrity profiles, Adult comics|
Cutting Edge Productions
others (see full list below)
|Owner(s)||Adam Post (co-owner)|
Operating from 1991 to 1993 , the company published a myriad of titles under a variety of imprint labels. (Many of Personality's titles were not comics per se, as they were primarily text with illustrations rather than sequential art.)
A typical Personality Comics title featured a painted portrait of the subject on the cover, with black-and-white art inside.
Regular contributors included Robert Schnakenberg, Mark Caraballo, Hector Diaz, Neil Feigeles and Pat Henkel. Notable creators associated with the company included Barry Blair, Fred Hembeck, Adam Hughes and John Tartaglione.
Originally based in Massapequa, New York, the company later moved to Melville, New York. Adam Post was the company's publisher, co-owner and president. The company's story editor was Michele Howell, and the art editor was Kirk Lindo.
In February 1993, the company announced it had bought the rights to the defunct comics magazine Amazing Heroes, and planned to revive it. However, nothing came of it as the company itself folded later that year.
Altogether, the company published nearly 80 titles and over 200 individual issues.
- Bambi and Friends (9 issues, January – September 1991) – adult title put out by the Friendly Comics imprint
- Music Comics (5 issues, 1991 – 1992) – profiles included Elvis Presley and Metallica
- The New Crew (11 issues, July 1991 – October 1992) – profiles of actors from Star Trek: The Next Generation television series, including Denise Crosby, LeVar Burton, Gates McFadden, Marina Sirtis and Michael Dorn
- The Original Crew (12 issues, 1991 – 1992) – profiles of actors from the original Star Trek television series, including William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, Majel Barrett, Mark Lenard and Walter Koenig
- Personality Classics (4 issues, 1991) – profiles included Marilyn Monroe and James Dean
- Personality Comics Presents (18 issues, March 1991 – 1992) – profiles included Paulina Porizkova and Cassandra Peterson
- Spoof Comics Presents (19 issues, July 1992 – July 1993) – spoofs of popular DC Comics and Marvel Comics superheroines
- Sports Classics (5 issues, December 1991 – September 1992) – profiles included Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle
- Sports Comics (5 issues, 1992) – profiles included Ken Griffey, Jr., Magic Johnson, Kirby Puckett and Riddick Bowe
- Sports Personalities (14 issues, July 1991 – 1992)
- Adult Comics
- Comic Chronicles
- Cutting Edge Productions
- Friendly Comics
- Real Life
- Spoof Comics