Perth and North Perthshire (UK Parliament constituency)
|Perth and North Perthshire|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Perth and North Perthshire in Scotland.
|Subdivisions of Scotland||Perth and Kinross|
|Member of parliament||Pete Wishart (SNP)|
Perth and North Tayside
|European Parliament constituency||Scotland|
Perth and North Perthshire is a county constituency of the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom. It elects one Member of Parliament (MP) by the first past the post system of election.
grouped by the Fifth Periodical Review
|Clackmannanshire and Perth and Kinross|
As a result of the Fifth Periodical Review of the Boundary Commission for Scotland, the constituency was created to cover a northern portion of the Perth and Kinross council area, and first used in the 2005 general election. Ochil and South Perthshire was created, at the same time, to cover the rest of the Perth and Kinross council area and the Clackmannanshire council area.
Prior to the 2005 election, the council areas had been covered by the Angus, Ochil, Perth and North Tayside constituencies. The Perth constituency was entirely within the Perth and Kinross council area, the North Tayside constituency covered a northern portion of the Perth and Kinross council area and a northern portion of the Angus council area, the Angus constituency covered a small southeastern portion of the Perth and Kinross council area, a southern portion of the Angus council area, and northern portions of the Dundee City council area, and the Ochil constituency covered another southeastern portion of the Perth and Kinross council area, the whole of the Clackmannanshire council area and a southeastern portion of the Stirling council area.
Perth and North Perthshire replaced part of the North Tayside constituency and part of the Perth constituency.
Member of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|General Election 2015: Perth and North Perthshire|
|Liberal Democrats||Peter Barrett||2,059||3.8||-8.5|
|Scottish Green||Louise Ramsay||1,146||2.1||n/a|
|General Election 2010: Perth and North Perthshire|
|Liberal Democrats||Peter Barrett||5,954||12.3||−3.8|
Elections in the 2000s
|General Election 2005: Perth and North Perthshire|
|Liberal Democrats||Gordon Campbell||7,403||16.1||n/a|
|Scottish Socialist||Philip Stott||509||1.1||n/a|
Notes and references
- 5th Periodical Report, Boundary Commission for Scotland website
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "P" (part 1)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- http://www.pkc.gov.uk/article/11275/UK-Parliamentary-General-Election-results 8Aug15
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- BBC - Election 2010 - Perth & Perthshire North
- "Election Data 2005". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.