Peru Township, Miami County, Indiana
Location in Miami County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||25.48 sq mi (66.0 km2)|
|• Land||25.01 sq mi (64.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.48 sq mi (1.2 km2) 1.88%|
|Elevation||673 ft (205 m)|
|• Density||451.5/sq mi (174.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453729|
Peru Township was organized in 1834.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 25.48 square miles (66.0 km2), of which 25.01 square miles (64.8 km2) (or 98.16%) is land and 0.48 square miles (1.2 km2) (or 1.88%) is water. The Wabash River defines the southern border of the township.
Cities, towns, villages
- Peru (northwest three-quarters)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Bowman, Mount Hope and Schrock.
Airports and landing strips
- Benner Field
- Peru Community Schools
- Indiana's 5th congressional district
- State House District 23
- State Senate District 18
- "Peru Township, Miami County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Bodurtha , Arthur Lawrence (1914). History of Miami County, Indiana: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People and Its Principal Interests. Lewis Pub. p. 139.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Peru Township
||Jefferson Township||Richland Township|
|Miami Township, Cass County||Erie Township|
|Pipe Creek Township
Tipton Township, Cass County