|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009)|
|Elevation||292 m (958 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TN 56|
Perundurai is a panchayat town in Erode district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is located on National Highway 47, which connects Salem and Coimbatore. It is 20 kilometres from Erode, and 80 kilometres from Coimbatore and Salem. Perundurai has developed as the industrial center with SIPCOT Industrial Estate and SEZ Complex.
As of 2001[update] India census, Perundurai had a population of 16,973. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Perundurai has an average literacy rate of 72%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 80%, and female literacy is 65%. In Perundurai, 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Perundurai SIPCOT established by the State Government of Tamil Nadu in July, 2000, in a land of around 2000 acres. The floating population increased because of textile industries relocating from Erode, Tirupur and Coimbatore to Perundurai. SIPCOT has acquired another 1,600 acres (6.5 km2) of land in 2007 for further expansion. Parryware Roca started their manufacturing plant in 2006 and it is their fourth plant in India. IRTT medical college and hospital run by Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation is located here.
- Kongu Engineering College
- Nandha College
- Maharaja College
- Seenapuram Kongu Polytechnic College
- Erode sengunthar college
- "Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Perundurai". Fallingrain.com. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- footnote text here[dead link]
- "Sipcot". Sipcot. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- "Parryware`s Perundurai facility goes on stream". Business-standard.com. 2006-08-30. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-10-10.