Perungudi railway station
|Chennai MRTS station|
Perungudi MRTS Station
|Platforms||2 side platforms (280 m)|
|Structure type||At Grade|
|Opened||19 November 2007|
Perungudi station was opened on 19 November 2007, as part of the second phase of the Chennai MRTS network.
A two-wheeler parking lot was created at the station in 2011, where about 150 to 200 two-wheelers and bicycles are parked every day.
Service and connections
Perungudi station is the sixteenth station on the MRTS line to Velachery. In the return direction from Velachery, it is currently the second station towards Chennai Beach station A 3.4 km-long, 18 m-wide access road to Perungudi station and Taramani station is being constructed along the MRTS line from Velachery to Taramani.
- "MRTS Phase-II Extension". Development of MRTS in Chennai. CMDA. Retrieved 20 Aug 2012.
- R.Ramanathan. "Presentation on MRTS & Rail facilities in and around Chennai" (PDF). Traffic Transportation and Parking - Session 2. CMDA, Chennai. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- Srikanth, R. (26 June 2011). "Improvement in parking lot pleases commuters". The Hindu. Chennai: The Hindu. Retrieved 9 Dec 2012.
- "Chennai Beach - Velachery - Chennai Beach Week days service" (PDF). Southern Railways. Retrieved 18 Aug 2012.
- R. Srikanth (2 June 2009). "Preliminary work begins on road along MRTS at Perungudi". The Hindu. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "3.4-km-long road to connect MRTS stations in Chennai". The Hindu. 15 December 2013. Retrieved 21 Dec 2013.
Urban transit in Chennai
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|