Peruvian Naval Aviation
|Peruvian Naval Aviation|
(Fuerza de Aviacion Naval)
AVINAV Coat of Arms
|Active||1919 - today|
|Part of||Peruvian Navy|
|Motto(s)||Non deserit alta|
|Vice Admiral José Luís Gavidia Arrascue|
|Utility helicopter||Mil Mi-8T|
Fokker 60 MPA|
Beechcraft 200T Super King Air
Beechcraft 200T Super King Air
Cessna 206 Stationair
de Havilland Canada DHC-6
The Peruvian Naval Aviation (Spanish: Fuerza de Aviación Naval) is the air branch of the Peruvian Navy. It was originally formed in 1919 as the Naval Aviators Corps (Cuerpo de Aviadores Navales) but was merged in 1932 with the Peruvian Army Aviation. The service was recreated under its current name on July 3, 1963. It is currently made up of three operational squadrons and the Naval Aviation School (Escuela de Aviación Naval). The squadrons are distributed among three bases: Lima-Callao, which is part of Lima's Jorge Chávez International Airport, San Juan de Marcona and Pucallpa.
- Naval Air Squadron 11
Tasked as maritime surveillance squadron, also undertakes MEDEVAC and transportation roles. Is based in the Callao Aeronaval Station at Jorge Chavez Airport.
- Naval Air Squadron 21
Embarked for anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare missions for the Lupo-class frigate.
- Naval Air Squadron 22
Had assigned the entire Sea King fleet, provides anti-submarine, anti-surface and general utility roles from ashore or embarked in the largest units of the fleet.
- Naval Air Squadron 23
Provides logistical support and general utility helicopters
- Naval Air Squadron 31
Basic training squadron for fixed-wing pilots, based at San Juan de Marcona aeronaval station.
- Naval Air Squadron 32
Heavy-duty and general transportation squadron, operated also in the Amazon basin and VRAEM, includes:
- Naval Air Squadron 33
Training squadron for helicopter pilots, also based at San Juan de Marcona.
|Fokker 50||Netherlands||SIGINT||Fokker 50||0+2||Two aircraft build in 1996, both acquired with spare parts in October 2014, to be upgraded by FAdeA for use as signal intelligence platform|
|Maritime patrol aircraft|
|Beechcraft Super King Air||United States||maritime surveillance aircraft||B200T||4||equipped with surface-search radar and cameras for coastal surveillance and EEZ duties, the entire fleet received a complete upgrade of sensors and systems, finished in December 2010|
|Fokker 60||Netherlands||maritime patrol aircraft||Fokker 60 MPA||2||Two aircraft acquired in February 2010, delivered on June 8, 2010. equipped with surface-search radar and electronic countermeasures.|
|Kaman SH-2G Super Seasprite||USA||ASuW / ASW helicopter||SH-2G(P)||5||Peruvian and Canadian defence authorities signed an agreement for five Kaman SH-2G Super Seasprite multirole helicopters. The deal covers the acquisition of SH-2G helicopters in service with the Royal New Zealand Navy (RNZN) since 2001.|
|Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King||Italy||ASuW / ASW helicopter||ASH-3D||3||Four delivered in 1978, two in 1979, and four ordered in 1984; deliveries of only the first six confirmed. All but first four virtually identical in capability to Italian ASH-3Hs; equipped to carry AM39 Exocet anti-ship missiles.|
|Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King||United States||transport helicopter||UH-3H||2||Six acquired from the US Foreign Military Sales program along with 12 GE T58-GE-40 engines for US$6 millions. First two delivered in December, 2010, to be employed in the Makassar class LPDs, two for the Coast Guard, two in storage.|
|Mil Mi-8||Russia||transport helicopter||Mi-8T||1||Four acquired from Hungary in 1992.|
one damaged beyond repair in a crash during the rescue operations near Pisco after the 2007 Peru earthquake, two remaining aircraft, one operational. To be phased out.
|Beechcraft T-34 Mentor||United States||training aircraft||T-34C1||1||Six purchased in 1978; replaced surviving T-34As. One remain operational as 2018|
|Enstrom F-28||United States||training helicopter||F-28F||6||Six acquired in January 2008; all delivered before July. One lost in a training accident on July 9, 2009. Additional one acquired in 2010 for US$506,000.|
|Bell 212||Italy||training aircraft||AB‑212ASW||2||Six transferred from Italy in 1976.|
two upgraded with RDR-1700B ISAR radars in 2009, one in storage.
replace Bell 206 in training role, also used as utility aircraft
|Fokker 60||Netherlands||utility aircraft||Fokker 60 UTA||2||Two aircraft and spare parts acquired on September 2010.|
|Antonov An-32||Ukraine||transport aircraft||An-32B||1||acquired from Hungary in 1994, fitted with ventral racks for general-purpose bombs, antisubmarine torpedoes and depth charges|
|Beechcraft Super King Air||United States||MEDEVAC / liaison aircraft||B200T||1|
|Cessna 206 Stationair||United States||liaison aircraft||Cessna 206||1|
Recently decommisioned aircraft
|Bell 206 JetRanger||United States||training helicopter||Bell 206B||2017||At least four acquired since 1982 from U.S.; one crashed in April 2002. Remaining 2 units receive a Night Vision Imaging System (NVIS) in February 2012, as a part of the NVIS upgrade program for the aircraft fleet, which includes cockpit modifications, NGV googles and training.|
- Rivas, Santiago. "FAdeA to modify two Fokker 50 MPAs for the Peruvian Navy". Jane's 360. IHS. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- Marchessini, Alejo. "Las adquisiciones de Defensa que han recuperado la capacidad operativa y de respuesta de las Fuerzas Armadas del Perú" (PDF). Ministerio de Defensa del Perú. Grupo EDEFA. Retrieved 28 July 2018.
- marina.mil.pe: (in Spanish) Convenio Específico para la transferencia de aeronaves entre Holanda y Perú Archived 2011-06-14 at the Wayback Machine.
- Andina: (in Spanish) Incorporan a la Marina de Guerra del Perú dos aviones Fokker comprados a Holanda
- Cruz Tantalean, Cesar. "Peru signs for SH-2G Super Seasprites". Jane's. IHS. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- Andina: (in Spanish) Marina de Guerra refuerza equipos con cuatro aeronaves adquiridas a Holanda
- Skycontrol.net: Enstrom Helicopter Corp. Completes Training of the Peruvian Navy Archived 2008-07-03 at the Wayback Machine.
- Programas de modernización y principales adquisiciones de las FAS de Perú. defensa.com (2011-05-12). Retrieved on 2011-05-15.
- "Brief MINDEF - Aanbiedingsbrief Verkoop Fokker 60". (36 KB) (in Dutch). September 23, 2010
- Peruvian Navy Completes NVG Training, Modifications, Goggle Purchases with Aviation Specialties Unlimited. verticalmag.com (2012-02-06). Retrieved on 2012-02-10.
- (in Spanish) Homepage