|Presented by||Michael Peschardt|
|Original network||BBC World|
|Original release||1 April 2006– present|
Peschardt's People is a documentary television series, hosted by Michael Peschardt, that premiered on BBC World on 1 April 2006. In the series, Peschardt interviews famous and not so famous personalities from the Asia-Pacific region. In order to be featured in the series, Peschardt has said that his subjects "must have something extraordinary about their lives". The basic format of the show is that Peschardt's guests show him some of the places that are important to them: their favourite cities, their favourite beaches, their favourite restaurants, where they work, where they grew up, where they live. Each episode is filmed entirely on location. Although Peschardt has stated that he does not interview politicians, he later interviewed former Member of Parliament Georgina Beyer. More than 150 interviews have been broadcast since its launch.
The programme is broadcast to over 200 countries on the BBC footprint, reaching every corner of the globe. It is repeated a number of times to ensure the programme is aired in peak-time in all major markets.
In the first thirteen-part series the interviewees include New Zealand actor Sam Neill, Australian businesswoman Janet Holmes à Court, musician Vanessa-Mae, Bollywood actress Preity Zinta, Australian author Doris Pilkington Garimara, Indian writer Shobhaa De, gold prospector Cranston Edward, Thai businessman Sompan Charumilinda, plastic surgeon Fiona Wood, Indian businessman Vijay Mallya, Thai businesswoman Pannin Kitiparaporn, and Australian professional basketball player Luc Longley.
In 2009, a new series included interviews with surgeon Chris O'Brien, designer Kim Young Se, politician Georgina Beyer, filmmaker Niki Caro, athlete Sun Ji Hai, writer Lijia Zhang, fashion designer Suzie Moncrieff, and golfer Greg Norman.
Other interviews have been with Governor General Quentin Bryce, actor Robert De Niro, the Royal Family of Bahrain, the King and Queen of Bollywood Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai, Australian actress Toni Collette, English comedian Ben Elton, former Australian cricketer Dennis Lillee, Indian actress Shilpa Shetty, Japanese restaurateur Nobu, author Diane Wei Liang, singer Olivia Newton-John, Singaporean actress Fann Wong, golfer Lam Chih Bing, former tennis player Rod Laver, and Australian rugby league player Clint Newton.
- "BBC World peeks personalities in Peschardt's People". Televisionpoint.com. 29 March 2006. Retrieved 7 March 2010.
- Bhumika K. (27 March 2007). "Indians with a story to tell". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 March 2010.
- "New Series Premiere". Throng Media. 30 March 2009. Retrieved 7 March 2010.
- Catton, Richard (3 July 2009). "BBC journalist Michael Peschardt in York to film Peschardt's People programme featuring Diane Wei Liang". The Press. Retrieved 7 March 2010.
- Dunn, Emily; Elicia Murray (4 April 2008). "Blokes flash the ankle to suit man-style girls". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 7 March 2010.
- Keong, Chia Han (25 June 2009). "Feather in cap for Lam: 1st Asian golfer on BBC interview show". AsiaOne. Retrieved 7 March 2010.
|This article related to a BBC television programme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|