A pet taxi is a type of transportation taxi service that transports various pets. Some pet taxi services also provide pet ambulance, animal boarding and grooming services. Some pet sitting companies may also offer pet taxi services. Some pet taxis charge by the mile, while others may offer a flat rate for various trips. Less commonly, some pet taxi services may offer long-distance pet transportation, such as a trip from New York City to Florida.
Trip itineraries may include trips to veterinarians, pet sitting services, kennels and pet spas. Transportation to and from airports may occur because standard taxicabs may not allow pets. Clientele may include people who don't have time or a means to transport their pets.
- Adams Businesses You Can Start Almanac. F+W Media. 2006. p. 539-540. ISBN 978-1-4405-1756-3.
- Martz, G. (2008). No Pet Left Behind: The Sherpa Guide for Traveling with Your Best Friend. Thomas Nelson. p. 85. ISBN 978-1-4185-7398-0.
- Vaughan, C. (2011). How to Start a Home-Based Pet-Sitting and Dog-Walking Business. Home-Based Business Series. Globe Pequot Press. p. 7. ISBN 978-0-7627-6772-4.
- "Pet taxi 'beats public transport ban'". BBC News. May 8, 2014. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
- Sirch, Willow Ann (2000). Careers with Animals. Fulcrum Pub. pp. 87–89. ISBN 155591408X.
- Jones, Jamie (August 21, 1981). "Pet taxi and grooming business opens". The Daily Citizen. Retrieved March 10, 2015.