This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Peter Alexander Bennett
22 March 1982
|Residence||London and Brighton|
|Occupation||Media personality, singer|
|Television||Big Brother 2006|
|Spouse(s)||Gemma Costin (2010–present, filed for divorce)|
Peter Alexander Bennett (born 22 March 1982) is a British media personality, who won the seventh series of the Channel 4 (now Channel 5) reality television series Big Brother in 2006. He has Tourette syndrome.
After unsuccessfully auditioning for the fifth series of Big Brother in 2004, Bennett was selected as one of the original 14 housemates for the seventh series in 2006. He was the bookies' favourite throughout the show and eventually won with 61.2% of the final vote.
The show was accused by some of exploiting Bennett's Tourette's syndrome. The Tourette Syndrome Association (TSA) initially expressed concern that others with the condition would be mocked, though they later softened their stance, a TSA spokesperson said: "What it has done is put Tourette's on the map". A Channel 4 spokesperson said "Pete's attitude to his condition is a really positive one and that's helped to educate and inspire people [...] "He's a very positive role model and he's been a great housemate."
Bennett's autobiography, Pete: My Story, was published in hardback in November 2006 and reissued in paperback in 2007 as My Journey With Tourettes.
Bennett was lead singer in a band called Daddy Fantastic, but he left the band after agreeing with a record label that he should become a solo artist.[better source needed] He wrote music with songwriter and record producer Guy Chambers, but failed to gain commercial success with any releases. Bennett went on to form another band, Pete Bennett And The Love Dogs, which played at Glastonbury 2007 and venues such as IndigO2 (The O2) London and The Cavern Club in Liverpool.
In 2013, he guest starred on the web series GIFTED in the pilot episode.
In 2016 he set up a cleaning business called Celebriclean.
- Wideboys the Movie (pre-production) - Teddy 2 Shots - 2015
- Fire & Brimstone (TV Movie) (pre-production) - Ebineeza Brimstone - 2015
- Coulrophobia (post-production) - Twitch Grock
- Meet the Cadavers (post-production) - Pete Gubbins - 2015
- XD Junction (TV Mini-Series) - Overlord Corson - 2015
- Zombie Women of Satan 2 - Bertie Dumble (rumored) - 2014
- The Mothertown - Reporter - 2014
- Clown Syndrome (TV Movie) - Frizbee
- Clown Syndrome (TV Movie)
- Big Brother's Bit on the Side (TV Series) - Episode #1.15 - 2011
- The Story of F*** - 2010
- Ultimate Big Brother (TV Series) - The Final Hour (2010), Dermot's Last Supper (2010), Davina's Big Send Off (2010), Episode #1.14 (2010)
- Big Brother's Little Brother (TV Series) - Episode dated 23 June 2010 (2010), Big Brother's Little Brother Reunion (2006)
- Big Brother: A Decade in the Headlines (TV Movie documentary) - Big Brother 7
- The Friday Night Project (TV Series) - Episode #5.1 (2007)
- Viewer of the Year 2006 (TV Movie)
- Friday Night with Jonathan Ross (TV Series) - Episode #11.1 (2006)
- Big Brother (TV Series) 2006
- Big Brother Uncut (TV Series) 2006
- The Fame Review 2006 (TV Movie documentary) - (uncredited)
- The Jeremy Kyle Show, April 2015
- Big Brother (TV Series) - Time warp
- Index of Births, Marriages and Deaths in England and Wales, 1837-1983.
- Pete Wins Big Brother 2006 Channel4 Website URL last accessed on 1 October 2006.
- Big Brother 7. Pete Bennett. Accessed 21 May 2006. Archived 27 October 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- U.tv. Tourette's sufferer Pete 'very brave' Accessed 22 May 2006.
- "Big Brother - does anyone really still watch it? Yes, one in four of us actually", The Guardian website, 19 August 2006. Accessed on 10 September 2014.
- Allen, Liam. "BB Pete: Exploitation or education?", BBC News, 18 August 2006.
- "Pete's BB Book" Amazon.co.uk URL last accessed on 16 January 2007.
- "PETE TO BAND: S*D OFF", Sunday Mirror, Accessed 11 September 2006. Archived 17 March 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Bennett makes most of his 15 minutes" The Scotsman Accessed on 21 November 2006.
- "Gifted Pilot 1x01".
- "Big Brother 7 winner Pete starts new cleaning business venture". 2016-10-03.