Pete Davies is an English author of history and sports.
|Booknotes interview with Davies on American Road, September 2, 2002, C-SPAN|
He wrote American Road: The Story of an Epic Transcontinental Journey at the Dawn of the Motor Age about the 1919 Motor Transport Corps convoy, for which Davies visited sites along the Lincoln Highway. His newspaper clippings are part of the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum.
Davies' All Played Out, an eyewitness account of the England men's football team at the 1990 World Cup, was adapted into One Night in Turin, a documentary film, in 2010. The original book has been described as "the best football book ever written".
- (1986) Last Election
- (1989) Dollarville
- (2017) Playlist
- (1990) All Played Out
- (1992) Storm Country: A Journey to the Heart of America
- (1994) Twenty-Two Foreigners in Funny Shorts: The Intelligent Fan's Guide to Soccer and World Cup '94
- (1996) I Lost My Heart to The Belles
- (1998) This England
- (1998) Mad Dogs and English Women
- (1999) Catching Cold; published in the United States as The Devil's Flu: The World's Deadliest Influenza Epidemic and the Scientific Hunt for the Virus That Caused It
- (2001) The Devil's Music: Into the Eye of the Hurricane
- (2002) American Road
- 2010 One Night in Turin — directed by James Erskine
- "The resourceful traveler". Chicago Tribune. August 21, 2002. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- Kirsch, Jonathan (September 15, 2002). "Country Roads, Take Us Home". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- "Eisenhower Presidential Library". eisenhower.archives.gov.
- Dawson, Tom (27 April 2010). "One Night In Turin". Total Film. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "One Night in Turin: The Inside Story of a World Cup that Changed our Footballing Nation Forever [Paperback]". Amazon.co.uk. 15 April 2010. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "Book Review: All Played Out: The Full Story of Italia '90 – Pete Davies (also published as One Night in Turin)". The Sports Book Review. 28 January 2014. Archived from the original on 9 March 2014. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- Quinn, Anthony (7 May 2010). "One Night in Turin (15)". The Independent. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- Jenkins, David (4 May 2010). "One Night in Turin (15)". Time Out. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- Wilson, Paul (14 June 2014). "This Man Works For Sainsbury's. He Also Wrote The Best Football Book Ever". Esquire (UK Edition). Retrieved 14 April 2015.
- "Huddersfield writer Pete Davies sees World Cup story brought to cinema screens". Huddersfield Daily Examiner. 11 May 2010. Retrieved 14 April 2015.
|This article about an English non-fiction writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|