||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2009)|
Pete Escovedo performs at the "In Performance at the White House: Fiesta Latina" on Oct. 13, 2009.
July 13, 1935 |
|Genres||Latin Jazz, Salsa|
Father to musician Sheila Escovedo, aka Sheila E., musician Peter Michael Escovedo (Wayne Brady Show Band), musician Juan Escovedo and dancer, manager and promoter Zina Escovedo. Brother to fellow recording artists Alejandro Escovedo, Coke Escovedo, Javier Escovedo (The Zeros), Bobby Escovedo and Mario Escovedo (The Dragons). He is the biological grandfather of Nicole Richie, daughter of son Peter Michael Escovedo.
Long well known in the regional San Francisco Bay Area music scene for several decades, in 2002 Pete Escovedo made a notable national television appearance on the "By the Hand of the Father" episode of the PBS Austin City Limits program.
Pete Escovedo, along with his sons Juan Escovedo and Peter Michael Escovedo are currently recording with Latin Rock group El Chicano and their 3 piece percussion is featured on a new instrumental track from El Chicano's most recent studio album due to be released in April 2014.
- 1977: Solo Two (Fantasy Records)
- 1978: Happy Together (Fantasy Records)
- 1982: Island (EsGo/Fantasy)
- 1985: Yesterday's Memories: Tomorrow's Dreams (Concord Crossover)
- 1987: Mister E (Concord Crossover)
- 1995: Flying South (Concord Picante)
- 1997: E Street (Concord Jazz)
- 2000: E Musica (Concord Jazz)
- 2001: Whatcha Gonna Do [live] (Concord Jazz)
- 2003: Live
- 2012: Live from Stern Grove Festival (Concord Jazz)