Pete Heller is an English electronic and house music producer from Brighton. He is recognised in the dance community for his solo work, and his remixes with frequent collaborator Terry Farley. As a duo they have released popular tunes under the names Heller & Farley Project (or Farley & Heller), Fire Island plus The Look and Feel. In 1996, they released "Ultra Flava," a #3 hit on the US Billboard Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart. The track also peaked at #22 in the UK Singles Chart. In November 2000 he remixed Moby's song "South Side" which charted at #14 on the U.S. Billboard Top 200, making it Moby's most successful single in the US.
On his own, Heller hit #1 on the US Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart with "Big Love", which held the top spot for three weeks and also was ranked by Billboard as the #1 dance song of 1999. The same track peaked at #12 in the UK.
In 2004, Heller launched his own record label, Phela Recordings, as a platform for his own productions and collaborations with other artists.
- List of number-one dance hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the US Dance chart
- IMO Records. http://www.imorecords.co.uk/house-2/house-artists/pete-heller-biography/ "Pete Heller Biography"], IMO Records Retrieved on 29 March 2011.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 249. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 120.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 102. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
|This article on a British electronic musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a house musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|