He is recognised in the dance community for his solo work, and his remixes with frequent collaborator Terry Farley. As a duo they have released popular tunes under the names Heller & Farley Project (or Farley & Heller), Fire Island plus The Look and Feel. In 1996, they released "Ultra Flava," a #3 hit on the US Billboard Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart. The track also peaked at #22 in the UK Singles Chart. In 2000 he remixed Moby's song "South Side" which charted at #14 on the U.S. Billboard Top 200, making it Moby's most successful single in the US.
On his own, Heller hit #1 on the US Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart with "Big Love", which held the top spot for three weeks and also was ranked by Billboard as the #1 dance song of 1999. The same track peaked at #12 in the UK.
In 2004, Heller launched his own record label, Phela Recordings, as a platform for his own productions and collaborations with other artists.
- List of number-one dance hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the US Dance chart
- IMO Records. "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2 August 2012. Retrieved 29 March 2012.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link) "Pete Heller Biography"], IMO Records Retrieved on 29 March 2011.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 249. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 120.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 102. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
|This article on a British electronic musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a house musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|