Peter Daniel Ploszek|
January 20, 1987
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Education||St. Charles East High School|
|Alma mater||Princeton University|
|Spouse(s)||Daniela Kende (m. 2012)|
Peter Daniel "Pete" Ploszek (born January 20, 1987) is an American actor best known for his roles as Leonardo in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles films. He is also known for his role as Garrett Douglas on the MTV supernatural drama series Teen Wolf.
Life and career
This section contains close paraphrasing of a non-free copyrighted source, http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20140813/entlife/140819497/ ( ). (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ploszek was born in Hinsdale, Illinois, the son of Karen, a special education teacher, and Mike Ploszek, a vice president at Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital in Barrington. He has three brothers and a sister. Ploszek grew up across New Jersey, Maine, and Ohio before his family returned to the suburbs of St. Charles, Illinois in 1998. As a football player at St. Charles East High School, Ploszek earned all-area, all-conference, and all-state honors as a senior running back/wide receiver. In 2009, he graduated from Princeton University, where he was a four-year member of the Princeton Tigers football team. He graduated with a MFA in Acting from the USC School of Dramatic Arts in 2012.
In 2013, Ploszek was cast as Leonardo in the reboot of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise. However, prior to the film's release, his voice work was dubbed over by actor Johnny Knoxville. Ploszek voiced Leonardo in the sequel to the 2016 film, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.
In 2016, he published his first book, Get Fast and Crush the Combine, described as "a no frills guide for aspiring high school athletes" who want to run faster than everyone else. It's designed to help those who dream of playing college football to beat the combine by teaching them how to "drop times, build core strength, and increase hops from your own backyard."
|2012||Outage: WME||Colin Reno's Assistant||Short film|
|2014||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||Leonardo||Motion-capture only|
|2016||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows||Leonardo||Motion-capture and voice|
|2016||The Wedding Party||Zeb|
|2012||Parks and Recreation||Ellis||Episode: "Soda Tax"|
|2013||Shameless||Goff||Episode: "El Gran Cañon"|
|2014||TakePart Live||Himself||Season 3, Episode 67|
|2015||Workaholics||Brock||Episode: "Dorm Daze"|
|2016–2017||Teen Wolf||Garrett Douglas||Recurring role; 7 episodes|
|2018||Liberty Crossing||Steven Hathaway||Main role; 8 episodes|
|2018||9-1-1||Connor||Episode: "Full Moon (Creepy AF)"|
- Petski, Denise (March 9, 2016). "'Teen Wolf' Adds 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Star For Season-Long Arc". Deadline Hollywood.
- Sotonoff, Jamie; Gire, Dann (August 13, 2014). "Former St. Charles Resident Shell-Shocked by 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Role". Daily Herald. Archived from the original on July 7, 2016. Retrieved July 7, 2016.
- "Tempest Entertains With Strong Acting".
- Fleming Jr., Mike (March 25, 2013). "Deadline Lifts The Shell Off The Ninja Turtles". Deadline Hollywood.
- Watt, Greg (April 3, 2014). "Johnny Knoxville is Leonardo … wait, I thought Pete Ploszek was?". Big Comic Page.
- Rama (May 11, 2016). "Johnny Knoxville Himself Doesn't Know Why He Didn't Return To Voice Leonardo In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out Of The Shadows". Rama's Screen.
- Brueske, Craig (2016-11-07). "St. Charles East grad Ploszek relishes the new chapters in his life". Football Focus. Retrieved 2016-11-13.