Rohrman at the 2017 New Jersey State Convention
Peter J. Rohrman|
February 9, 1970
Carlstadt, New Jersey, U.S.
|Alma mater||Rutgers University|
Peter J. Rohrman (born February 9, 1970) is an American operations manager, Marine veteran, volunteer firefighter, volunteer coach, and political activist. A native of Carlstadt, New Jersey, he ran for Bergen County Freeholder in 2015 and 2016. Rohrman was the New Jersey Libertarian Party nominee in New Jersey's 2017 gubernatorial election.
Rohrman was raised in Carlstadt, New Jersey and was a latchkey kid to a blue collar family. He describes football as instrumental in his growth as a student. He is a single father with two sons. He and his family reside in Ramsey, New Jersey.
He joined the U.S. Marine Corps and ascended to Infantry Platoon Sergeant in charge of 39 fellow Marines while serving in Operation Desert Storm. Rohrman went on to study computer science at Rutgers University in Newark. He has more than 10 years experience as an operations director for a large internet service provider. He has volunteered for over 20 years as a youth athletic coach and is a former volunteer firefighter.
Rohrman became the New Jersey Libertarian Party Libertarian nominee for 2017 New Jersey gubernatorial election on March 11, 2017, during the New Jersey Libertarian Party State Convention. Rohrman's platform includes legalizing marijuana, tax reform, school choice, and ending corporate welfare. He believes that New Jersey should be a concealed-carry state and that all non-violent criminals in state prisons should be immediately pardoned. His running mate was Karrese Laguerre.
Rohrman sees drug addiction as a personal and public health issue, supports the legalization of marijuana, and supports the release of those imprisoned for non-violent drug crimes.
- "Meet Pete". Pete Rohrman | Libertarian for Governor. Retrieved March 30, 2017.
- "Libertarian Party Nominates Ramsey Man For Governor". Ramsey, NJ Patch. March 15, 2017. Retrieved April 19, 2017.
- "Freedom-Focused Ramsey Father Running For Governor". Mahwah-Ramsey Daily Voice. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- "Weinberg v. Yudin and the Bergen County Property Tax Question". Observer. July 14, 2015. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- Libertarian Party - Home, March 27, 2017
- "NJ Libertarian Party Announces Gubernatorial Candidate". Observer. March 15, 2017. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- "Governor's race has more than just major party candidates". Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- "Meet your Libertarian candidate for N.J. governor". NJ.com. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
- SOUTH, TODD. "Bergen freeholder candidates find common ground on improvements to government services". NorthJersey.com. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- "Bergen County Election Results" (PDF). bergencountyclerk.com. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- "Your guide (so far) to the 2017 N.J. governor's race". NJ.com. Retrieved May 10, 2017.
- "2017 N.J. election guide: Where the candidates stand on legalizing marijuana". NJ.com. Retrieved November 6, 2017.
|This article about a New Jersey politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|