|The Very Revd
|Dean of Liverpool|
|Church||Church of England|
|Province||Province of York|
|Diocese||Diocese of Liverpool|
|Birth name||Peter Jonathan Wilcox|
|Born||1961 (age 53–54)|
|Alma mater||Durham University
Early life and education
Wilcox was born in 1961. He studied at Durham University where he was a member of St John's College. He graduated from Durham with a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in 1984. He then attended Ridley Hall, Cambridge, where he trained for ordination and graduated from the University of Cambridge with a BA degree in theology in 1986. Later, he returned to Durham for post-graduate study and completed a Master of Arts (MA) degree in 1991. He then attended St John's College, Oxford, and completed a Doctor of Philosophy (DPhil) degree in 1993. His doctoral thesis was titled "Restoration, Reformation and the progress of the kingdom of Christ : evangelisation in the thought and practice of John Calvin, 1555-1564".
He was ordained in 1988 and his first post was a curacy in Preston-on-Tees. From 1990 to 1993, while undertaking post-graduate study, he was a non-stipendiary minister at St Giles' Church, Oxford and St Margaret's Church, Oxford. He was Team Vicar of Gateshead from 1993 to 1998 when he became the Director of the Urban Mission Centre, Cranmer Hall. He was priest in charge of St Paul's Walsall from 1998 before becoming Canon Chancellor of Lichfield Cathedral in 2006. He was installed as Dean of Liverpool at its Anglican cathedral on 15 September 2012.
- Mr Pete Wilcox (1961–1988)
- The Revd Pete Wilcox (1988–1993)
- The Revd Dr Pete Wilcox (1993–2006)
- The Revd Canon Dr Pete Wilcox (2006–2012)
- The Very Revd Dr Pete Wilcox (2012–present)
- "The Revd Canon Dr Pete Wilcox is to be the next Dean of Liverpool". Liverpool Cathedral. March '07. Check date values in:
- "Wilcox P. J.". Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 17 April 2015. (subscription required)[dead link]
- Thesis record, Bodleian Libraries, University of Oxford
- "Dean of Liverpool". No 10 Downing St. 7 March 2012. Archived from the original on unknown. Check date values in:
- "Dean Very Rev Dr Pete Wilcox". People. Liverpool Cathedral. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "Dr Catherine Wilcox". Staff profiles. Manchester Metropolitan University. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|