Peter, Hereditary Prince of Yugoslavia
|Hereditary Prince of Serbia|
5 February 1980 |
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Father||Alexander, Crown Prince of Yugoslavia|
|Mother||Princess Maria da Gloria, Duchess of Segorbe|
Peter, Hereditary Prince of Yugoslavia (born 5 February 1980 in Chicago, Illinois, United States), also known as Petar III Karađorđević (Serbian Cyrillic: Петар III Карађорђевић), is the eldest son of Alexander, Crown Prince of Yugoslavia and Princess Maria da Gloria of Orléans-Braganza. Prince Peter is the grandson of King Peter II.
Education and career
Prince Peter lived in Chicago until the end of 1981, when he moved with his parents to Virginia. In 1983, he first attended morning pre-school in Tysons Corner, Virginia, and in 1984, he went to day school. In 1988 at the age of eight, he was a student at one of London's top preparatory day schools. In June 1998, he graduated from The King's School, Canterbury in England having obtained three A-levels in Art, Spanish, and French, and ten GCSEs. In 1999, he completed in London an art foundation course at Camberwell College of Arts (London Institute). In May 2000, he concluded a series art programmes on the European continent mainly in Barcelona and Seville. He spent a year 1999–2000 at the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), a renowned art school on the East Coast of the United States. He is currently working in the field of graphic design and computer technologies.
Before the Serbian 5 October 2000 revolution, he travelled to Serbia in 1991 and in July 2000. On 17 July 2001, he and the Royal Family took up residence in the Royal Palace in Belgrade. He has travelled throughout Europe, the United States, and has visited the Middle East, South East Asia, Central and South America.
Titles and styles
- 5 Februar 1980 – 4 Februar 2003: His Royal Highness Hereditary Prince of Yugoslavia
- 4 Februar 2003 – Present: His Royal Highness Hereditary Prince of Serbia
- officially in Serbia: July 2001 – present: Petar Karađorđević
National dynastic honours
- House of Karađorđević: Knight Grand Collar of the Royal Order of Saint Prince Lazar
- House of Karađorđević: Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Order of the Star of Karađorđe
- House of Karađorđević: Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Order of the White Eagle
- House of Karađorđević: Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Saint Sava
- House of Karađorđević: Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Order of the Crown
- "HRH Hereditary Prince Peter". Official Website of The Serbian Royal Family.
- Royal Mausoleum Oplenac
Peter, Hereditary Prince of YugoslaviaBorn: 5 February 1980
|Lines of succession|
|First||Line of succession to the Yugoslavian throne
Prince Philip of Yugoslavia
The Crown Prince of Yugoslavia
|Line of succession to the British throne
(descended from Alfred, son of Victoria)